Lance Armstrong finally giving up fight against allegations

Guys, He's guilty. Very unhappy with him but it's obvious now that he is. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/1...e-evidence-against-lance-armstrong/?hpt=hp_t1

He's guilty of what? Both he and his attorney maintain his innocence (not doping), he has passed hundreds of sanctioned drug tests, along with the fact he has never failed one single drug test - not one. Furthermore, Armstrong stated he is tired of this ongoing nonsense (10+ years) and he points to the overwhelming physical evidence (i.e., the USADA tests themselves as all the proof he needs.

UDADA: Lance Armstrong cheated! His "doping" game him an unfair advantage over the competition and we move to erase him, and his accomplishments, from history.
Judge: So Mr. Armstrong was never subjected to mandatory drug testing over the years?
USADA: That is incorrect. Mr. Armstrong was indeed subject to our drug testing program?
Judge: What was the purpose of these tests?
USADA: They were designed to catch "cheaters" and thus protect the integrity of our sport.
Judge: Were these drug tests conducted by Mr. Armstrong and "his" paid labratory experts?
USADA: No, these tests were administered and sanctioned by the USADA using "our" independent labratories.
Judge: I take it that Mr. Armstrong was subjected to a handful of drug tests over the years?
USADA: No, Mr. Armstrong was subject to hundreds of drug tests over the years.
Judge: Hundreds?
USADA: Yes, hundreds!
Judge: So then...I take it you have proof that Mr. Armstrong failed one or more drug tests over the years?
UDADA: No, quite the oppostive....Mr. Armstrong passsed hundreds of drug tests with flying colors.
Judge: Ummm...so why are we here?
USADA: We are bitter and feel that no man can achieve that he has achieved without cheating. Plus, we have a handful of people, who were jealous of him, that told us he was cheating.
Judge: And you believed them?
USADA: Yes.
Judge: And he somehow managed to circumvent all the safeguards of your drug testing program more than one-hundred times?
USASA: Yes.
Judge: And you somehow still feel that Mr. Armstrong cheated despite your having no credible and often contradictory evidence.
USADA: Yes. We have collected 1000-pages of statements from witnesses, some of whom claim to know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried...have evidence of a JFK assasination conspiracy...and others who say the US Government fire missles at the Pentagon on 911, stating Armstrong use to dope.
Judge: Case dismissed!!!

Riff...could not have said it better myself!

I'm not saying he didn't "game the system" but it's been a decade and the evidence is sparse, at best. If the system is broken the USADA should spend more time and energy fixing it instead of making it so easy (not my words) to circumvent. Case in point: 31-years ago the Marine Corps implemented a drug testing policy/system. It worked pretty well and they started to identify, treat and/or discharge offenders. However, some people learned how to "game the system" and avoid detection. How? By using on Friday night and flushing their system with gobs of exercise, water and supplements.

Instead of whining and pouting (like the USADA) the Marine Corps leadership responded to problems with their testing program by changing the policy overnight: 1) they dropped the level of THC, etc. by 50% used to "pop positive" on the urine test. 2) they conducted random drug tests/sweeps on the weekends. 3) they increased their intelligence gather activities (e.g., NCIS...formerly NIS prior to Tailhook) and 4) they began using more than one testing lab/method. Most problems with the program were solved. It is possible to use drugs and avoid detection? Sure it is, but I doubt you're going to get away with it being an habitual abuser. And you're going to see anyone prosecuted under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) based on the word of drug users "tattling" that they saw their running buddies using drugs, when they deny using, and then pass a drug screening test or, in this case, hundreds of them. That would be called injustice and abuse of power.

11 teammates said he did it. Why would they lie?

The eleven teammates who testified are individuals, so the answer to you question would need eleven separate answers. A typical motive would be to receive more favorable treatment of the allegations against themselves. On the other hand, I don't give much credence to the jealousy motive that is loosely ascribed to them, because individually, they don't gain much if anything in stature by "bringing down" Armstrong, especially in the instances where dloing so implicates themselves either as users or as co-conspirators.

I'm not saying he didn't "game the system" but it's been a decade and the evidence is sparse, at best. If the system is broken the USADA should spend more time and energy fixing it instead of making it so easy (not my words) to circumvent. Case in point: 31-years ago the Marine Corps implemented a drug testing policy/system. It worked pretty well and they started to identify, treat and/or discharge offenders. However, some people learned how to "game the system" and avoid detection. How? By using on Friday night and flushing their system with gobs of exercise, water and supplements.

Instead of whining and pouting (like the USADA) the Marine Corps leadership responded to problems with their testing program by changing the policy overnight: 1) they dropped the level of THC, etc. by 50% used to "pop positive" on the urine test. 2) they conducted random drug tests/sweeps on the weekends. 3) they increased their intelligence gather activities (e.g., NCIS...formerly NIS prior to Tailhook) and 4) they began using more than one testing lab/method. Most problems with the program were solved. It is possible to use drugs and avoid detection? Sure it is, but I doubt you're going to get away with it being an habitual abuser. And you're going to see anyone prosecuted under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) based on the word of drug users "tattling" that they saw their running buddies using drugs, when they deny using, and then pass a drug screening test or, in this case, hundreds of them. That would be called injustice and abuse of power.

And AGAIN I agree. But here is my issue, SOMEONE put it in the USADA's ear that that there COULD BE cheating going on. NOW, seeing that he has never failed a test, if I am mistaken, then in essence, he was proven to innocent of the chargers.

The precedents it sets that if there strong performance of consistency with an athlete, he assumed guilty until proven innocent. So ANYONE can saying ANYTHING and you are gonna assume it is right. Now, is there a possibility he was PED, yeah...just like there is a possibility that you can get mauled by bears, killed by a great white shark or stung to death by killer bees. But just because there is a possibility, does not mean there is a PROBABILITY and those are 2 completely different animals.

He never failed a test so I don't see how they can do anything at all, but this is France we are talking about.

What money? What financial gain do they get from this?

They got no financial gain and THAT is the point. The MAIN name in the cycling teams the Armstrong belonged to was Armstrong. HE got all the fame, glory and the HUGE endorsement deals. And as AntATL Mike noted, they may have recieved favorable treatment in favor of testimony AGAINST Armstrong..why? Who knows, maybe THEY were doping it up.

I don't believe Lance. He should have fought it but if you listen to Travis Tygart you would understand why he didn't. He knew it would only get more damaging for him. And Tygart did make a very good point. Both Lance and he lawyer used the same language that other athletes have used when caught. Witchhunt etc. Deep down I believe he knows he did it. And he knows he couldn't win.
Another good story . http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_21750463/lance-armstrongs-fans-can-now-go-into-hiding

Funny stuff from Jay Leno's monologue last night...

"And the Nobel Prize for chemistry was awarded this week. Surprisingly it went to Lance Armstrong." [laughter]

"Well, the US Anti-doping Agency says that Lance Armstrong and his cycling teammates engaged in the most sophisticated doping program the sport has ever seen...and I quote, this is a quote, "Employing such elaborate tactics as pretending not to be home to evade testing." Well, with that kind of craftiness I'm surprised they got caught at all. [laughter from audience because they obviously were never caught doping] That's right up there with not answering the phone and pretending to be asleep." [more laughter]

Yep, that's some impressive evidence gathered by the USADA...serves as fodder for late-night jokes. :D

Nike is severing ties with Armstrong, citing insurmountable evidence that he was involved in doping and lied about it for more than a decade.

Nike is severing ties with Armstrong, citing insurmountable evidence that he was involved in doping and lied about it for more than a decade.

He is retired from racing. So it really does nothing but end a contract with an athlete that is no longer competing. But Nike is quite hypocrital because as much as I LOVE Michael Jordan...he was hanging with KNOWN gamblers even when he was playing. They did cut those ties. So this is a sort of pick and chose type of deal....

He is retired from racing. So it really does nothing but end a contract with an athlete that is no longer competing. But Nike is quite hypocrital because as much as I LOVE Michael Jordan...he was hanging with KNOWN gamblers even when he was playing. They did cut those ties. So this is a sort of pick and chose type of deal....

But Nike pointed out the reason they dropped him. It wasn't because he stopped racing. They said it could no longer ignore the evidence of his illicit behavior as a professional cyclist. Please point out what Michael Jordan did on the court that would show he cheated to win.

But Nike pointed out the reason they dropped him. It wasn't because he stopped racing. They said it could no longer ignore the evidence of his illicit behavior as a professional cyclist. Please point out what Michael Jordan did on the court that would show he cheated to win.

maybe he did, maybe he didn't. but his ties with organzied gambling are well documented. you draw your own conclusions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)