NFL BS against my Raiders at it's finest!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...roject-wanted-oakland-raiders-out-of-la-plans

Goodell, gotta love that rat bastard. LOL! And Al Davis wannabe Jerry Jones can kiss my @$$ as well!

For those reasons, Jones was the strongest voice in favor of the Rams moving to Inglewood. But the Rams moving alone wasn't getting the support it needed. To get it, a second team would have to be included. And thus, the night before the owners meeting in Houston, the game changed.

"At 10 p.m., the Chargers and Raiders received a curious email from league officials: a proposal for one of the two teams to share Inglewood with the Rams. It was a modified version of a resolution Jones had submitted the previous weekend, calling for the Rams and Chargers to share Inglewood. Spanos and his associates were offended. The eleventh-hour email suggested that before the owners voted, the league was laying the groundwork for its own solution."

Then comes one of the few times in the piece where the Raiders even come up in anything more than a minor detail. And it was to promote the negative stereotype about the Raiders and their fans that the report says some owners still hold as well as supposed grudges against Al Davis.

"The silent majority preferred the Inglewood site but liked Spanos better than Kroenke. Most owners wanted to avoid a Raiders return to Los Angeles, owing to Al Davis' burned bridges and the co-opting of the team apparel by gangs, concerns so deep that some wouldn't even consider Carson. "It's hard to get owners to move," [Bob] Iger says now. "Each one is a boss in his own right."

Silly question, bur didn't Al Davis already win an anti-trust suit that allowed him to move to LA the first time, Wouldn't that same court precedent apply if they were to move the team again?

Silly question, bur didn't Al Davis already win an anti-trust suit that allowed him to move to LA the first time, Wouldn't that same court precedent apply if they were to move the team again?
Al Davis would have moved..the new ownership doesn't have the cajones to move

Reactions: salsadancer7
Al Davis already win an anti-trust suit

...and that is why Raiders fans should pretty much never expect the NFL powers that be to ever side in favor of the Raiders or help them in any way. Not that I agree with that, but its pretty clear the NFL isn't out to help the Raiders in anything.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Salsa, you just figured out that Goodell is a rat bastard?

If anyone watched his state of the league press conference before the Superbowl, you can tell the guy is nothing but a sock puppet. The league is so popular right now a monkey could do his job.

While in the long run it would be bad for the NFL, & totally over saturate the Los Angeles market with NFL teams, I thought that both the San Diego Chargers & the Oakland Raiders could defy Goodell & build the Carson Stadium anyway(without NFL money of course), at the same time that the Rams moved to Inglewood into their new stadium(also without NFL money), & win in court if they had to against the NFL. You'd end up with 3 NFL teams in the Los Angeles market. While bad for the NFL, I've always believed that all three teams could get away with moving to Los Angeles.

I don't see why they are wanting to move to LA (other than money grab).
LA has told the NFL for years that it doesn't want/need the NFL.
How long has it been since the last team left there ?

While in the long run it would be bad for the NFL, & totally over saturate the Los Angeles market with NFL teams, I thought that both the San Diego Chargers & the Oakland Raiders could defy Goodell & build the Carson Stadium anyway(without NFL money of course), at the same time that the Rams moved to Inglewood into their new stadium(also without NFL money), & win in court if they had to against the NFL. You'd end up with 3 NFL teams in the Los Angeles market. While bad for the NFL, I've always believed that all three teams could get away with moving to Los Angeles.

I thought LA had madre several attempts to get an expansion team and/or relocatea team but the keague was the impediment.

Different groups have at times tried to get an expansion team or a team moved, in the mistaken belief that LA would be a good NFL market. Problem is, the area is too big and widespread to faithfully support a team, and demonstrated that with the Rams and Raiders in the past.

LA'ites have more things they can do than focus their attention on a pro football team.

Different groups have at times tried to get an expansion team or a team moved, in the mistaken belief that LA would be a good NFL market. Problem is, the area is too big and widespread to faithfully support a team, and demonstrated that with the Rams and Raiders in the past.

LA'ites have more things they can do than focus their attention on a pro football team.
Thats my thinking too, however, they support the Dodgers pretty well.
That said, its different with baseball being over the Spring/Summer/Winter, vs football.

I think that Los Angeles supported the Rams ok, they just weren't sold on building a new stadium for them. Then you have the Raiders moving to L.A. & the Rams moving to Anaheim, the was probably over saturation of the market. While I can't really say why the Raiders moved back to Oakland, besides the fact that they couldn't get a new stadium, I'm sure that a new stadium was the main reason why the Rams moved to St. Louis. Now if "fan support"=new stadium, then I guess that the Raiders ,& the Rams didn't get the "fan support" they wanted.....oops, I mean "needed." Just like the Chargers aren't getting the "fan support" San Diego, & the Rams didn't get the "fan support" in St. Louis.

How can you say that when the most updated facts and figures come from the last time they had teams there ?
NFL popularity bigger than ever. 20 years of more yuppie scum with money to burn in SC etc
think these billionaires don't have this ALL figured out ? thus 3 or 4 teams wanting the territory.

NFL popularity bigger than ever. 20 years of more yuppie scum with money to burn in SC etc
think these billionaires don't have this ALL figured out ? thus 3 or 4 teams wanting the territory.
Those yuppies out there don't care about having a team there, they can watch all the games they want if they don't have a team.

No those are the working poor.

So you are saying these billionaires don't know what they are doing ?
I'm saying, the NFL will allow another team in LA area so it can make more money and then 5 years later they will leave for greener pastures where they can get a new (er) stadium.

I'm saying, the NFL will allow another team in LA area so it can make more money and then 5 years later they will leave for greener pastures where they can get a new (er) stadium.
Do you read much ?
Stan Kroenke is building his own bigger better Jerry World. Rams going nowhere else for the next 25-30 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts