NASCAR 2012 season

Jimbo said:
You drive a car at 200 mph with others less than 6" away and tell me that it doesn't take great skill.

Do you have the stamina to do that in 120* + temps for 4 hours a day each weekend ?

Skills yes, sport no. Neither is bowling, billiards, poker or shooting of any kind.

But I will stop there...this discussion is for another.

In all seriousness, this debate is very subjective and simply based on a person's own perspective of what they constitute as being a sport.

Totally agree. These are just opinions. What you may not consider a sport, another person does. Neither person is wrong.

Sandra

Nothing against NASCAR, but auto racing season is from Memorial Day through Labor Day and perhaps a week or two in November during the Tareyton Cup (or whatever its called these days). Being that its winter I would much rather see a sport like NCAA Hockey stickied.

Do we really need this thread stickied 11-months out of the year? I say "no" in my humble opinion. Just my two cents...

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Do we really need this thread stickied 11-months out of the year? I say "no" in my humble opinion. Just my two cents...

9 months ;)

Do we need a NFL thread stickied all year? And why does the NFL off season get stickied yet the MLB one doesnt?

9 months ;)

Do we need a NFL thread stickied all year? And why does the NFL off season get stickied yet the MLB one doesnt?
The MLB off season thread was stickied until today. Ramy thought it was time to sticky the MLB season thread and unsticky the offseason thread. Isn't the season about a month away?

Last edited:
Nothing against NASCAR, but auto racing season is from Memorial Day through Labor Day and perhaps a week or two in November during the Tareyton Cup (or whatever its called these days). Being that its winter I would much rather see a sport like NCAA Hockey stickied.

Thanks for your input but each of the major sports will have a thread stickied whether it's during the season or offseason.

Last edited:

NASCAR season is from Feb to Nov.

Lineup for the 500

• 1 99 Carl Edwards
    2 16 Greg Biffle Ford
    3 14 Tony Stewart
    4 17 Matt Kenseth
    5 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    6 78 Regan Smith
    7 9 Marcos Ambrose
    8 48 Jimmie Johnson
    9 31 Jeff Burton Chevrolet
    10 33 Elliott Sadler
    11 98 Michael McDowell
    12 20 Joey Logano
    13 29 Kevin Harvick
    14 18 Kyle Busch
    15 22 A.J. Allmendinger
    16 24 Jeff Gordon
    17 7 Robby Gordon
    18 39 Ryan Newman
    19 1 Jamie McMurray
    20 5 Kasey Kahne
    21 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
    22 55 Mark Martin
    23 2 Brad Keselowski
    24 36 Dave Blaney
    25 34 David Ragan
    26 56 Martin Truex Jr.
    27 43 Aric Almirola
    28 51 Kurt Busch
    29 10 Danica Patrick
    30 15 Clint Bowyer
    31 11 Denny Hamlin
    32 47 Bobby Labonte
    33 38 David Gilliland
    34 87 Joe Nemechek
    35 42 Juan Montoya
    36 13 Casey Mears
    37 27 Paul Menard
    38 93 David Reutimann
    39 83 Landon Cassill
    40 21 Trevor Bayne
    41 26 Tony Raines
    42 30 David Stremme
    43 32 Terry Labonte

Lineup for the 500

• 1 99 Carl Edwards
    2 16 Greg Biffle Ford
    3 14 Tony Stewart
    4 17 Matt Kenseth
    5 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    6 78 Regan Smith
    7 9 Marcos Ambrose
    8 48 Jimmie Johnson
    9 31 Jeff Burton Chevrolet
    10 33 Elliott Sadler
    11 98 Michael McDowell
    12 20 Joey Logano
    13 29 Kevin Harvick
    14 18 Kyle Busch
    15 22 A.J. Allmendinger
    16 24 Jeff Gordon
    17 7 Robby Gordon
    18 39 Ryan Newman
    19 1 Jamie McMurray
    20 5 Kasey Kahne
    21 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
    22 55 Mark Martin
    23 2 Brad Keselowski
    24 36 Dave Blaney
    25 34 David Ragan
    26 56 Martin Truex Jr.
    27 43 Aric Almirola
    28 51 Kurt Busch
    29 10 Danica Patrick
    30 15 Clint Bowyer
    31 11 Denny Hamlin
    32 47 Bobby Labonte
    33 38 David Gilliland
    34 87 Joe Nemechek
    35 42 Juan Montoya
    36 13 Casey Mears
    37 27 Paul Menard
    38 93 David Reutimann
    39 83 Landon Cassill
    40 21 Trevor Bayne
    41 26 Tony Raines
    42 30 David Stremme
    43 32 Terry Labonte

Nice to see Terry racing. Wish he could finally win one.

Did you see the slo mo from the back side, the car and the walls collapsed, it was amazing to see the car ball up that much.

I saw that and the in-car camera where she knew enough to take her hands off the wheel before hitting the wall.

Nice to see Terry racing. Wish he could finally win one.

He gets the Championship provisional, I really don't expect much from him in the race.
I'd rather have seen him make it in by racing in the Twin 125's or on his time. (I know they're not called the Twins anymore, but they will always be that to me, not sure why they changed it, probably to make more money from sponsers)

Unfortunately Bill Elliot didn't make it.

He gets the Championship provisional, I really don't expect much from him in the race.
I'd rather have seen him make it in by racing in the Twin 125's or on his time. (I know they're not called the Twins anymore, but they will always be that to me, not sure why they changed it, probably to make more money from sponsers)

Unfortunately Bill Elliot didn't make it.

If he isn't going to be competitive I just wish he would stop trying myself.

If he isn't going to be competitive I just wish he would stop trying myself.

I agree, but thats all part of how NASCAR works, offering the Championship Provisional.
Now, I have No idea how the Provisional works as in who gets it each year, there have been more than just Terry that won a Championship and retired, how do they determine who gets it.

Do they call each one and ask if they want to race ? :eek:

Now, I have No idea how the Provisional works as in who gets it each year, there have been more than just Terry that won a Championship and retired, how do they determine who gets it. Do they call each one and ask if they want to race ? :eek:

If there is more than one prior champion, the provisional goes to driver with the oldest championship year. Labonte 1984 and 1996 respectivley. Elliot 1998.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)