NASCAR 2012 season

It was during one of the pre race shows on Speed. They were talking that this would be a good test for Nascar as they had been considering trying a weeknight primetime race so as not to compete with football. I'm not sure who it was as I left it on Speed all day.

I could go for some of that. I think it would be difficult for them to try seeing how the schedule is already set.

Wow, that penalty on the 48 team is utter BS. Johnson's far from my favorite, but how can you penalize a team that severely for a car that fit the templates and never saw the track? Isn't the point of pre-race inspection to have race officials point out things they don't like so the teams can change them before racing?

Wow, that penalty on the 48 team is utter BS. Johnson's far from my favorite, but how can you penalize a team that severely for a car that fit the templates and never saw the track? Isn't the point of pre-race inspection to have race officials point out things they don't like so the teams can change them before racing?

Really? Chad Knauss has been doing this for a longtime and he better than most should know the rules.imho the points hit should have been bigger.

Really? Chad Knauss has been doing this for a longtime and he better than most should know the rules.imho the points hit should have been bigger.

Exactly!! It's not like it was his first offense. Besides, it wasn't as if there was a minor template infraction. Both C Posts were clearly modified according to John Darby.

Jimbo said:
It was pointed out that it was the same car he used last year that DID pass inspection.

I read that, but that same argument has been tried several times in other appeals and has failed. I don't see this getting overturned.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Whenever they call the infraction "actions detrimental to racing" you know it's another case of NASCAR making things up as they go. Can't find a specific violation of the rulebook so they trumpet out the coverall. As was said, the car previously raced at Talledega without any issues.

Might as well just separate the mechanics from the teams and use the IROC model.

Denny Hamlin wins. I like him, he might be my new favorite driver.

NASCAR has FINALLY tweaked the SCHEDULE ...
For the last several years, they have raced at Daytona, then to Phoenix then to Las Vegas and they would have an OFF week after Vegas, a break WAY too early in the schedule, however convenient for the guys that like the atmosphere in Vegas ...
That said, I'm glad they changed it and they are racing this week in Bristol !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts