NASCAR 2013 season

Why will they be coming for him?

Was Joey supposed to let Stewart go because it's Stewart? (Excuse me Mr. Stewart, I'll get out of your way so you can go for the win).

I thought the idea was to finish ahead of everyone else, especially with as few laps as there was. (this isn't F1 where you're told to let the other guy win, see yesterday's F1 parade) I saw nothing out of line after the last restart. So what if Joey was blocking, There's no rule against it, (again this isn't F1 or Indy car) He did what any other driver would have done in that circumstance. Tony's PO'd because it happened to him, He doesn't like to be blocked, he's made no bones about that. (and I'm fine with that) What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm also good with Joey finally standing up for himself without anyone else fighting his battles, it's about time.

The bigger story here is why the hell there wasn't a safer barrier on the inside wall!!

Except if this was 15 -20 years ago, Stewart would have tapped him on the rear corner and went right around him, nothing wrong with that either, but you don't see that anymore because too many people can't hang on to thier cars and end up wrecked.

As for the Safer Barrier walls, I think they are on corners only at this time for the most part..

Exactly. The hell with Stewart. Logano did what he should have on the last lap. Protecting his position. I guess Stewart forgets how many times he's done the same thing. Was a great finish!

Not when you slow down to do it.

If you look at the tape, the rest are going around Logano at that time.

As for the Safer Barrier walls, I think they are on corners only at this time for the most part..

safer walls are in a lot of places on the track. the whole outside and most of the inside. The issue is some tracks there are spots where there are none because nothing has ever happened there. Remember Pocono (I think it was there) when Elliott Sadler smacked straight into a part of the inside of the track (where the wall came at a 90 degree angle)

Nascar does the safer walls on the inside as a "we'll leave it until something bad happens there....then we'll add them"

no penalties for anyone

No penalties from Auto Club Speedway: Kerry Tharp, NASCAR Director of Communications, tweeted Tuesday, "NASCAR will issue no penalties from last weekend's events at [Auto Club Speedway]

Elliott Sadler to fill in for Hamlin

Sadler expected to fill in for Hamlin: Elliott Sadler has been chosen as the primary sub for Denny Hamlin. All that's preventing an official announcement, as of Wednesday morning is a few details to work out with sponsor Fed Ex. Sadler, who was long pegged as the likely choice is driving full-time for Joe Gibbs Racing in the Nationwide Series and was scheduled to drive a fourth Cup car in a limited schedule later this season. There are no conflicts on the Nationwide schedule that would affect Sadler until early June

meanwhile god bless Eddie Gossage (he runs Texas Speedway)

He created a "Tale of the Tape" poster between Smoke and Logano for the race in Texas

Elliott Sadler to fill in for Hamlin

Sadler expected to fill in for Hamlin: Elliott Sadler has been chosen as the primary sub for Denny Hamlin. All that's preventing an official announcement, as of Wednesday morning is a few details to work out with sponsor Fed Ex. Sadler, who was long pegged as the likely choice is driving full-time for Joe Gibbs Racing in the Nationwide Series and was scheduled to drive a fourth Cup car in a limited schedule later this season. There are no conflicts on the Nationwide schedule that would affect Sadler until early June

Now, is Hamlin and company gonna be dumb enough to START each race and swap out at the first chance so he continues to get the points ?
Points are awarded to whoever STARTS the race, regardless of how long they race.

Personally, if he's got a bad back problem, getting in and out of the car would be the worst thing he could do.

oh good lord

Kyle Busch to appear on 'Anger Management': #18-Kyle Busch apparently will make fun of, of all people, Kyle Busch when he appears on upcoming episode of the FX comedy "Anger Management." According to TMZ, Busch will play himself and seek counseling from the character portrayed by Charlie Sheen, who of course isn't exactly known as the most stable person in the world. The Joe Gibbs Racing driver is one of the most polarizing personalities in the Sprint Cup Series thanks to his incredible talent, aggressive moves and an, at times, off-track surliness. Kyle Busch's wife, Samantha, posted a couple of photos of her and Kyle with Sheen on the set of the show Monday.

Week 14- NFL Picks

Football As Football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)