NASCAR 2015 season

NASCAR doing thier best to have Harvick win again.

Trailing Kurt Busch with 4 to go, suddenly theres debris found on the track.

G/W/C next, they go 2 laps and Harvick hasn't picked up places and another caution for debris.

Thankfully Harvick didn't win, finishing 2nd.

Fwiw, I have nothing against Harvick, just think its stupid of Nascar to find debris suddenly when there was NONE thruout the race, thus giving others a fresh restart.

Last edited:
Reactions: fhsucade07
I didn't see the race but the highlights. The second one there was a bumper that flew off.

I missed most of the race, listened to the last 50 or so laps on SiriusXM on my way home. Was sick to my stomach that Kenseth was going to win, and almost drive off the road with excitement when his axel broke in the pits. As it was happening, I didn’t think Paul Wolfe’s call was the right one, I would have went with track position over the 4 fresh tires. I counted Kes out when he restarted 15th. I guess that’s why I’m not a NASCAR crew chief. The Gordon-Ragan thing wasn’t right. Is everyone supposed to pull over and just let Jeffy pass because it’s his last season? Too bad Showtime still doesn’t do Inside NASCAR. It would be pure gold listening to ‘the outlaw’ on that final lap.

I missed most of the race, listened to the last 50 or so laps on SiriusXM on my way home. Was sick to my stomach that Kenseth was going to win, and almost drive off the road with excitement when his axel broke in the pits. As it was happening, I didn’t think Paul Wolfe’s call was the right one, I would have went with track position over the 4 fresh tires. I counted Kes out when he restarted 15th. I guess that’s why I’m not a NASCAR crew chief. The Gordon-Ragan thing wasn’t right. Is everyone supposed to pull over and just let Jeffy pass because it’s his last season? Too bad Showtime still doesn’t do Inside NASCAR. It would be pure gold listening to ‘the outlaw’ on that final lap.
Hmmm, the way I heard it, Ragan had it out with another driver and decided to cut down 3 lanes while taking Gordon out in the process, Nothing that Gordon did wrong there.
Gordon has really gotten the ruff end of things in the first part of the season so far .... he's been taken out several times due to other circumstances.

Reactions: osu1991
All I saw was what was shown yesterday on Race Hub on FS1. Ragan was up high and wouldn't let Gordon pass, after a few attempts Gordon took the air out from Ragan's rear which resulted in him spinning out. On the radio Gordon seemed pretty proud of the fact that he didn't even have to touch him to spin him out. Hopefully he fails to win a race this year and put together a nice string of 20 or worse finishes. I cannot wait for this season to be over and to be rid of him.

All I saw was what was shown yesterday on Race Hub on FS1. Ragan was up high and wouldn't let Gordon pass, after a few attempts Gordon took the air out from Ragan's rear which resulted in him spinning out. On the radio Gordon seemed pretty proud of the fact that he didn't even have to touch him to spin him out. Hopefully he fails to win a race this year and put together a nice string of 20 or worse finishes. I cannot wait for this season to be over and to be rid of him.
You should get off the Gordon channel and go back a ways and see what Ragan was discussing about the driver he was after.

IMHO it was stupid of Ragan trying to hold him back anyways. Gordon was much faster and at that early stage of the race Ragan would have been smarter to let him go and get adjustments when he pitted. And I'm not a Gordon fan.

Some interesting things may be happening in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series.

Kyle Busch, who broke his leg and foot in the Xfinity series, may be heading back to the Sprint Cup garages, to race, say When Daytona comes around again.
They currently have rules about racing for the Chase, you have to try to qualify for each race on the schedule, you have to be in the Top 30 in points and won a race to qualify for the Chase, or in the Top 16 in points after the 26th (Richmond race 2nd one).

Currently Joe Gibbs has David Ragan running in Kyle Busch's M&Ms # 18 car.

Ragan has done quite well so far, going into todays race, Ragan was in 18th spot, 2 spots out of the Chase.

When Kyle comes back, he gets his car back, Ragan's points go with him wherever he goes, if he goes anywhere.
Kyle starts fresh with points ... getting into the top 30 in points MAY be attainable for him and winning a race would put him in the Chase .... however, Kyle wasn't able to qualify or try to for all the races.

Nascar made a waiver for Tony Stewart last year, will they again for Kyle.

What does that say to David Ragan who is busting his butt to get into the chanse ?

Interesting scenario. I don't like the new points system/chase. Never have, never will.

Interesting scenario. I don't like the new points system/chase. Never have, never will.
I liked the "Chase" better the way it was before they went to the final 4 at the end.

Now if they took those 4 cars and had them and ONLY them run THAT would be cool.

Better yet (I know this won't happen because of sponsors), they have expanded the Chase to 16 cars, and they run 10 races in the chase ... go ahead with the breaking down of the chase teams, it goes to like 12 then 8 then 4 somewhere down to the last race ..... Lets eliminate the cars that don't make the next segment ... now that would be a true elimination round.

I suspect that IF Kyle comes back by Daytona, he would have enough time to make the top 30 in points seeing there are a lot of cars that don't run consistently well on the bottom side ... thus if he were able to Win a race, I think they will allow him in.

Fwiw, I'm Not a Kyle (crybaby) Busch fan.

That said, he's a hell of a racer when he's not out on the track to just wreck people.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins the rain delayed Daytona night race, race didn't start till after 10 pm, ended after 2 am with a hell of a wreck at the finish line.
Austin Dillon running on the inside of 3 wide, ended up upside down and In the Catch Fence .... coming back down to the track upside down, then hit and spun by another race car.
Many of the team pit crews raced out to assist him, he eventually got out of the car and walked away .

THANK God for the safety built into these cars.

3 fans were reported to have minor injuries.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...damages-catch-fence-mars-finish-coke-zero-400

I saw the highlights and that was a nasty wreck.

Sent from Note 3

I saw the highlights and that was a nasty wreck.

Sent from Note 3
I actually saw it live from home .... I saw the last 50 laps after dozing off around 1 I guess, TV was still on, woke up in time to see the last 50>

Odd, but I can do that with other sports too, this way I actually see the end of the games, some how.

Thankfully, everyone is OK.
Fans included.

Sadly, Austin Dillon came out and pronounced that Speeds are too high for this type of racing ...

I disagree ....
Speeds are not too high, the way they are racing is what is causing it, every car is very close to one another, so all the cars are within inches of one another and because of that, you'll have the big wrecks.

If you dropped Daytona speeds to 150 mph, the would still all be bunched up and you would still have the Big Ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)