Nascar 2021

But you also must remember the Formula 1 race in Monaco is on before that.

Yes, before. But it is only on as something for people to watch who can’t stomach hearing Back Home Again in Indiana one more time without shooting themselves in the skull, with a cannon.

Maybe switch it around F1 at Indy (with tires that work!), Indy at Daytona, NASCAR at Monaco. Fans in Monaco might be confused though. “Why don’t they have 128 people in the pit to change tires?”

They could go faster if they took the restrictor plates off.
I know they were over the 200 mph mark for awhile at MIS before they were doing the restrictor plates.
I think they were around 225 down the back stretch, but that was not the track avg speed.

Back in '87 Bill Elliott pole position at Daytona was 210.364 ...
So that was a full lap avg.
Uncertain what his top speed was on that lap.

I was at MIS watching qualifying .... the Indy cars were qualifying after the NASCAR guys were done ... the Indy guys were zipping around at 235 ish iirc.

I know they were over the 200 mph mark for awhile at MIS before they were doing the restrictor plates.
I think they were around 225 down the back stretch, but that was not the track avg speed.

Back in '87 Bill Elliott pole position at Daytona was 210.364 ...
So that was a full lap avg.
Uncertain what his top speed was on that lap.

I was at MIS watching qualifying .... the Indy cars were qualifying after the NASCAR guys were done ... the Indy guys were zipping around at 235 ish iirc.

In 1996 Luyendyk had a qualifying lap of 237.498. I don't watch Indycar anymore but nowadays it's a little slower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)