Nascar Hall of Fame

I like NASCAR, but this is just marketing. There already were at least two halls of fame centered on NASCAR before this one, not counting the North Carolina one up the road in Mooresville.

Does anybody not think that in 10 years there will be yet another and this one will be forgotten.

I like NASCAR, but this is just marketing. There already were at least two halls of fame centered on NASCAR before this one, not counting the North Carolina one up the road in Mooresville.

Does anybody not think that in 10 years there will be yet another and this one will be forgotten.

Were the others created by NASCAR? Or other folks for NASCAR? Anybody can create a HOF and call it what they want, but I think the hype on this one is it's created and santioned by NASCAR.

agreed with a few folks. 4 of the 5 are obvious choices but Bill Jr in the first ballot??

Bill Sr
Dale Sr
Junior Johnson
The King
Pearson, Cale or DW

They should have put David Pearson or DW in there before him.

You do realize that Bill jr is the one who brought the series from a small regional sport to what it is today right?

He convinced CBS to televise the 1979 Daytona 500 flag to flag.

He negotiated the first national TV full season contract with ESPN the next year.

Was instrumental in bringing Winston into the sport,

Brought big money into the sport, Winston Million, points bonuses,

Became the reason that big money (NON automotive) sponsors came into the sport.

Took all dirt tracks off the schedule, and made the series a paved track series only, reducing the numbers of races a year from anywhere around 45-60 to 31.

Without Bill France Jr. nobody would be talking about, Pearson, Allison, Waltrip, Earnhardt, Baker, N. Jarrett, T. Flock, R. Farmer, R. Byron, Raymond Parks, Lee Petty etc, etc.

Like it or not, Bill France Jr. made NASCAR into what it is today. And deserves to be in the first class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)