Nascar radio

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
I saw an ad that said sirius will have nascar radio next year. Does anyone know if XM is still going to have it? If not I'm going to switch. I like sirius's music channels much better.

XM will not be carrying NASCAR after Dec. Sirius starts in Jan. with full rights. Sirius does have a channel now, NASCAR 128 that has a great show with Dave Moody from MRN radio.

I can't decide if I want to jump ship for NASCAR or not... I know most people think NASCAR on the radio is a waste, but I'd rather listen to it on the radio than watch it on TV. The personalities that MRN and PRN carry are amazing, and when they get riled up, there's no place better to experience NASCAR than on the radio.

Fortunately for me, living in Indiana and Ohio, almost every little town has a NASCAR affiliate, so I'll just have to cross my fingers. If XM loses XM 173 (700 WLW) I won't hesitate to jump ship.

Unfortunately Sirius did grab full rights which I think is quite a shame. I really like XM a lot better as far as music goes but would really be missing my Nascar. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do as I really can't afford both.

I'm starting to hear that SIRIUS will put focused effort into programming the NASCAR channels. Look for multiple channels broadcasting pit/spotter/driver conversations and lots of statistics. This all sounds like NASCAR's "Trackpass" on the net. We'll see.