National Alert test Intercepted!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Many of you may know there was a National Alert Test done today which failed as you migh expect from the US goverment.
But here is what really happened!
Captain_Midnight.gif

GOODEVENING HBO

FROM CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT
12.95$/MONTH?
NO WAY!
[SHOWTIME/MOVIE CHANNEL BEWARE!]

Last edited:
Boy that was a while ago!
Wonder what did happen to that test-I was loading some firewood in my pickup and had the doors shut and radio off. Heard that it failed around here..

Let's just say the test quality for radio was worse than the video posted! Times TWO. (two tests leaked through on our end.) Google "National EAS test" and you'll be laughing all afternoon.

I've read reports that Lady GaGa was heard as part of the test in Minnesota. Other locations described it as old style short wave. This is the same US government that wants to run your health care. Yea right.

We ran a state wide practice test a few weeks ago here in Michigan, went off ok, whole state. But Plug in Washington..Ha.

Each broadcaster was told to fill out an FCC form. 3 different times. Once before the test. (done---in triplicate for 3 stations in our case).....Then, yesterday, form number two (not posted til WELL AFTER the test) to indicate whether we received and re-transmitted the test. Badly worded, and did not address smaller markets which don't "trigger" any other stations, (the ones responsible only to the public.)

Supposedly today, part 3 is available to evaluate the quality/efficiency of the test. As of this writing, almost one day later, only the FIRST form is up. Yesterday's is gone, and the one we're supposed to have up is NOT. Do you suppose, maybe....the FCC will let us out of filling out part 3???? Fingers crossed here! Triplicate of recanting yesterdays' results would be enough to make me ill!

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 11102011 14404 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 11102011 14404 PM.bmp.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 126
I have an old Satellite Orbit magazine from 1986, I forget the month, anyway it has an article where they interviewed John R. McDougal, the guy that was "Captain Midnight". If some of you would like to see the article, I will try to scan it some time and upload it here.

I've read reports that Lady GaGa was heard as part of the test in Minnesota.

it was Directv where that was happening. They put up a slate and had music. Here in Minneapolis the locals had no audio during it if watching OTA

I have an old Satellite Orbit magazine from 1986, I forget the month, anyway it has an article where they interviewed John R. McDougal, the guy that was "Captain Midnight". If some of you would like to see the article, I will try to scan it some time and upload it here.

Oh yea, that would be fun to read!

I was driving in the Chicago area and I was switching between stations during "the test" and I was laughing as I drove down the road. There was ZERO consistency to the test, each station did their own thing, I hears at least 10 seconds of dead air on one station, and the quality of the pre-recorded message would have been just OK by 1940's standards. The quality of the Captain Midnight video was stellar compared to what I heard in our "small" market in Chicago......Typical Gummint FAILURE if you ask me. Please dont get me wrong, the idea is a great idea, but as is usual in non-Military Gummint exercises, there was no thought as to the standards that should have been used in the large scale test. This test was proposed how long ago(think mid-2010, probably before...)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts