Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I was checking the zip of where I am going to "move" to and it shows the national CW station as part of the locals. Shows on 384 mapped to 14. The market I am "moving" to is one of those weird markets. One local in the DMA but they pipe in the rest from the neighboring market. PBS & CW are national feeds

so where is the CW national (East) feed from? Is it actually from a city or is it the CW100+ station that smaller cities carry on cable? D* site doesnt say. Just says "CW"

I was checking the zip of where I am going to "move" to and it shows the national CW station as part of the locals. Shows on 384 mapped to 14. The market I am "moving" to is one of those weird markets. One local in the DMA but they pipe in the rest from the neighboring market. PBS & CW are national feeds

so where is the CW national (East) feed from? Is it actually from a city or is it the CW100+ station that smaller cities carry on cable? D* site doesnt say. Just says "CW"

WDCW from DC

Iceberg: if that's the station that has "The Dayly Buzz" then it's from Orlando, Florida. Paul

Probably blacked out on the DNS feed.

highly unlikely..too much work for D* to try and accomplish :)

The Mets and Yanks games on the Superstation packages werent with Dish. Also when I had Dish, they gave me WPIX as part of the locals since they didnt have a WB/CW affiliate at the time

It also looks like DirecTV doesn't offer a DNS HD feed for The CW.

I'm curious as to what DirecTV will do for my area with regard to The CW. I can get it OTA as a subchannel on our CBS affiliate, but it isn't in HD and it's one of those +100 stations (was cable only before it was added to the sub channel).

JD
You probably would get the national CW. I checked an area where I use to live and they are in the same boat as you. WB100+ then CW100+ on cable only. Recently the local CBS added it as a subchannel yet when I run a zip for that area it shows the national CW

I did get WDCW from Washington as DNS, but dropped it to save a couple of bucks.
I'd try to get it back in a minute if DirecTV offered it in HD.

If my antenna seems to be stable, I'll be dropping the other DNS as well. Obviously, once DirecTV offers our locals, either DirecTV or i will drop the DNS. That will save me $14/month to drop the 4 networks.

WDCW is included as part of my locals on channel 14, doesn't cost extra.

The SD feed (no HD) is particullary grainy, seems I'm spoiled by HD.

well I "moved" and didnt get either CW station.....I did get the national PBS though (I should as my new market doesnt have a PBS) but they didnt drop my old locals so I'm not really complaining :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.