National Geographic HD coming to D* early '07

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess I should have been more specific with my question; I am looking for actual titles so I can look them up and see if I will be interested.. As opposed to "some good shows and stuff".

I guess I should have been more specific with my question; I am looking for actual titles so I can look them up and see if I will be interested.. As opposed to "some good shows and stuff".

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/hd/questions_answers.html

Are the programs and schedules the same on both channels?

Yes! You can enjoy all your favorite NGC shows on the HD channel! The schedule is identical for both channels (HD and SD). Please call 1-877-77-NGCHD for more information.

If you don't watch any of them in SD then none are likely to appeal to you in HD. That is, unless you've ignored it up to now simply because it is SD. They have lots of nature, science, cultural, well... national geopgraphic shows. I haven't paid a lot of attention to which shows get the "available in HD" plug at the start. I presumed they would all be in HD or at least quasi HD.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/hd/questions_answers.html

Are the programs and schedules the same on both channels?

Yes! You can enjoy all your favorite NGC shows on the HD channel! The schedule is identical for both channels (HD and SD). Please call 1-877-77-NGCHD for more information.

Actually, if you watch many of their shows in SD, you see they are in 16 x 9 format, with black horizontal bars. It looks like it is the HD signal downconverted for 4 x 3.

If you don't watch any of them in SD then none are likely to appeal to you in HD. That is, unless you've ignored it up to now simply because it is SD. They have lots of nature, science, cultural, well... national geopgraphic shows. I haven't paid a lot of attention to which shows get the "available in HD" plug at the start. I presumed they would all be in HD or at least quasi HD.
I ignore a lot of channels that I used to watch, because they are not in HD. I have only had HD for a couple months and am absolutly spoiled. SD is like listening to a 1964 transister radio. Blah!:)

I was just on the phone with DirecTV (regards to something else) but started to chat with the CSR about the new packages. Anyway, She indicated that the DirecTV Plus HD package was a great deal as by the time we are done, I'll actually save money.
Anyway, She indicated that Plus package included 185 channels while the Plus with HD would include 195.
I asked if this number included PPV, Local Channels, and DNS, was told NO. If this is true then I guess we can be expecting a new addition to HD Line-UP prior to March 1. The CSR also indicated that this number did not include Showtiem HD or HBO HD. Three channels is just to much to hope for so if we 9 today, what can we look forward in less than 4 weeks.

Not at all!

so tommorow when I sign up for the Total Choice plus HD, I will get ten channels of HD? right now directv has only 7, and that is not including HBO Showtime and PPV, so if they open those up to me I will be happy, but Directv is making people pay for stuff now that isnt there, I will eat my words if 3 new HD channels show up tommorow but until then, I believe Directv is in the wrong.

so tommorow when I sign up for the Total Choice plus HD, I will get ten channels of HD? right now directv has only 7, and that is not including HBO Showtime and PPV, so if they open those up to me I will be happy, but Directv is making people pay for stuff now that isnt there, I will eat my words if 3 new HD channels show up tommorow but until then, I believe Directv is in the wrong.

They won't just show up. There is no room on the standard 101/110/119 slots for additional HD channels.

DirecTV dishonest? NEVER! LOL. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure National Geographic HD is one that's coming sometime by June or July, and either both HGTV HD and Food Network HD or one of those and MTV HD.

I know that, Fuzzybear dosent.[/QUOTE

Please do not assume something on my behalf.

Since the packages do not take effect until March 1st, I will give them the time to hang themselves first. Once that date passes, I will be more than happy to join the lynch party but not until then.

BTW, They do have the room for 8 new HD channels right now. How?? Kill off HD DNS. D* is under no legal obligation to provide it and provide HD LIL to enough of the country where they could do away with it if they really wanted. It would not be a popular decision but they could do it.

As it was explained to me, The new packages would begin being offered on February 6th but would not go in to effect until March 1st.

okay fuzzybear here is your quote, they are going to offer these packages on FEB 6th, so if the package includes 10 HD channels and it is being offered on FEB 6th, then I would expect 10 HD channels on ______? (according to you March 1st is an acceptable answer, me I would say FEB 6th) so I replied paying for a product thats not offered.... I didnt assume anything, just taken my information from your posts, have a great day.

Last edited:
I know that, Fuzzybear dosent.[/QUOTE

BTW, They do have the room for 8 new HD channels right now. How?? Kill off HD DNS. D* is under no legal obligation to provide it and provide HD LIL to enough of the country where they could do away with it if they really wanted. It would not be a popular decision but they could do it.

this is true, but like you pointed out it wouldnt be popular, also I would assume they would have to inform the viewers of their decision so much ahead of time.

okay fuzzybear here is your quote, they are going to offer these packages on FEB 6th, so if the package includes 10 HD channels and it is being offered on FEB 6th, then I would expect 10 HD channels on ______? (according to you March 1st is an acceptable answer, me I would say oh I dont know FEB 6th) so I replied paying for a product thats not offered....how hard is this to follow, I didnt assume anything, just taken my information from your posts, have a great day.

You created misinformation from my posts

1) I never said the DirecTV Plus W/HD would include 10 HD channels but rather there was a 10 channel difference in the packages. We can only assume it is 10 HD channels. We also must assume the CSR not mistaken.

2) I also said the CSR indicated the packages would not go into effect until March 1st.

3) According to D*, you would not begin getting billed for these new packages until your March billing cycle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)