National Geographic HD Excellent Programming

Seconds from Disaster and Megasructures are GREAT programs. I watched them all the time when I had D*, and now with National Geographic HD, the deal is so much sweeter. I wonder how those poor D* subs tolerate such lacking HD content. No way man. Give me NGHD, HGTVHD, and the upcoming FoodHD. Great stuff Dish.

who_the said:
True HD. They have been producing this show in HD for a while now, as even older episodes that are replayed are shown in HD.

Cesar Millan is awesome. His shows and books should be required for all dog owners. You will enjoy your dog more, and your dog will enjoy its life more. His philosophy is that you need to be the pack leader in your own home through calm-assertive energy, and the road to that is exercise, discipline, and affection, in that order.

Yea, except I've seen some reruns in 4:3 recently, so even though they WERE recorded in HD they apparently don't always replay them as such. But that's OK.

Anyone ever notice how the strategy that goes into training your dog (Dog Whisperer) is also employed in training your children (Nanny911, SuperNanny which are also very good programs)? Problem is, people who have dogs (and kids) often think you don't have to WORK to take care of them.

The thing about NGC-HD is that it combines really good programs, programs about stuff we SHOULD know but often don't (e.g. the Russian space program and Korolev, what goes into moving giant oil rigs) with great technology that makes it visually attractive.

Of course E* with its incessant rain fade can make the task of actually WATCHING the channel akin to torture, but at least it's there.

=NLK=

NGHD PQ is crap. HD lite is working its way of making below average PQ look good as some of you guys reported.
Maximum two channels per TP is what I call good HD PQ. Everything else is NOT true HD.

Conjuror said:
NGHD PQ is crap. HD lite is working its way of making below average PQ look good as some of you guys reported.
Maximum two channels per TP is what I call good HD PQ. Everything else is NOT true HD.

National Geographic HD is being offered in it's full resolution form, and last I heard, with plenty of bandwidth, so it's PQ should be just fine. Keep in mind, however, that it is broadcast in 720p, not 1080i from National Geographic.

Number of channels per transponder is irrelevant as long as the resolution and bandwidth are being applied appropriately. Since NGHD is an MPEG4 channel and only 720p to begin with, there is some extra space on that transponder.

Sean Mota said:
Anyone noticed that they have some 4:3 material in HD. I was watching it this past weekend.
So does VOOM. Lots of the Monsters stuff (Frankenstein, etc.), and I caught "A Man for All Seasons" last night on FilmFest. I was surprised that it wasn't at least 16x9.

correct. Not that I am complaining but I rather watch everything in its OAR. Anyone caught the Davinci Code program on NGHD. They basically stated that the Dan Brown's book is a based on fabricated fraud. Great documentary by NG. We knew it was fraud but NG gives it even more credibility.

Currently I watch more NGHD than any other channel. The thing is like crack. It's keeping me up late at nights. :)

Dang guys you're making want to upgrade to HD Gold from HDBronze :p.
I currently get NG via comcast though SD and I wathc it a lot. But imagine that in HD :eek:

What's $30 more.

Sean Mota said:
correct. Not that I am complaining but I rather watch everything in its OAR. Anyone caught the Davinci Code program on NGHD. They basically stated that the Dan Brown's book is a based on fabricated fraud. Great documentary by NG. We knew it was fraud but NG gives it even more credibility.

Dan Brown pulled one of the biggest stunts of our generation. And did it in broad daylight. Sure he stated that everything was historically true, but he published the book as fiction! If you publish a book as fiction and then state in it that the events are true, then there is no reason to believe that they are true. For the very statement that they are true is a statement of fiction, there is no reason to believe it.

This guy laughed his way to the bank about 1000 times.

As to NGHD, what transponder is it on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts