National Geographics HD

their website says MHD is still negotiating with Dish, so it's not a done deal yet.

Almost a month later (this is March) and is there any additional news on DISH and National Geographic HD? I see a real need for this HD channel--it does NOT cover the same territory as DSC or Equator HD. It has a variety of historical, as well as geographically-oriented unqiue-content programming. I would say it's a figurative 3D version of DSC or Equator HD.

What department inside DISH can we call to lobby for this channel?

I really would like to see this channel added to E*. It's one of my favorites channels and you're absolutely right about about having more variety than DSC and Equator HD.

I would also love to have this channel. In fact, if Dish does get this channel, I will upgrade from the old HD pack+Voom to a metalic package.

AGain, who do we contact inside DiSH Network to get this National Geo HD Channel? Tech Support or CS or where?

I called NGC's info number today:
Dare to explore the National Geographic Channel in HD. Call 1-877-77-NGCHD (877 776 4243)

The recorded message says the channel will "soon be available". That tells me that nobody has it yet.

I called the National Geographic phone number posted above.

Today, still getting the message that DISH has not added National Geographic HD and to call DISH. The Direct TV message says the same thing, except they connect you directly to Direct TV to requst Nation Geo HD.

I called DISH, changing channels, pressed 4 and talked to a CSR and let her know I wanted more info on whether they will carry National Geographic HD. They still have no further info on whether they will carry this or, but I specifically requested THAT THE CSR INFORM HER SUPERVISOR WHO WILL EMAIL THE PROGRAMMING DEPARTMENT REQUESTING THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD CHANNEL.

I would urge everyone else to do the same, or DISH will not think we are interested in it.

My question is--does the rollout of the Naitonal Geographic HD hinge on whether either of the Satellite Companies picks it up or not?

bookwalk said:
My question is--does the rollout of the Naitonal Geographic HD hinge on whether either of the Satellite Companies picks it up or not?
Apparently not. Verizon FiOS is rolling it out to most of their customers in the next week or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)