National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess one can make the same argument for supporter, public member or staff member too. Everyone has the same right to his opinion or comment, whether you agree or disagree. People need to get over their self-righteousness. All sides are welcomed, or are they?

All sides are welcome, but let's face it: arguing that some channels don't count just isn't rational. RSN's aren't channels. Premiums don't count b/c they are tied to premium subscriptions.

Saying they are channels you aren't interested-in is a respectable opinion. Saying you'd rather not pay for them is a respectable opinion. Saying you prefer E* is completely rational and respectable.

Saying some channels don't count is not rational. If it's not available today, and is available tomorrow, means it's a net addition to the slate. Arguing over whether a blown-up launchpad contributed to a delay; or whether "end of the year" is 12/31 or sometime in September.... ridiculous.

Why don't we just argue whether chocolate or vanilla ice cream is best? It's every bit as rational and on-topic as this thread has gotten.

SENIOR MEMBER simply refers to the number of posts a person submitted...I think like 100-200 posts. Once you reach that threshold, you become SENIOR MEMBER, though you may always be a lurker ;)

Mine says "Beer Connoisseur". You get that status when you consume as many beers as you have for posts. :p

Mine says "Beer Connoisseur". You get that status when you consume as many beers as you have for posts. :p

Hell, I must have consumed orders of magnitude more beer than posts! Pub Member has alternate meanings! :)

Your catching me in posts, I am going to have to ramp it up. :D

makes you wonder if some of our folks ``really'' have jobs! (just kiddin', guz)

me on the other hand, i'm retired and i have nothing better to do when i'm bored!

The funny thing is Harsh, that Scobuck, Brew, etc...have a vested interest in this. We follow it, hope for the best and live in a world of reality. You meanwhile are sitting on the other side, happy to be there, and with no vested interest whatsoever are trying to shoot holes in everything D*. We just don't understand why, what are you getting out of it? Your arguments are just that, for the sake of arguing. You haven't come up with a valid statement the entire time. We are only about what, three weeks away, let it be, go enjoy your service and let us enjoy this special time in the world of HD.

Amen - Can't someone set up a D*vs E* War Zone like the the Blu-ray HD DVD War Zone so you guys can have your P***ing contest there and the rest of us can discuss D*.

me on the other hand, i'm retired and i have nothing better to do when i'm bored!

I work form home and its been abnormally slow. All my projects on support so I sit back and wait for something to break. Its crazy. It will be changing here real soon so I may be dropping off in posts soon. :(

I also work from home doing real estate virtual tours and once school starts, things slow down for a month or two. Still have work to do, but not as slammed as I am from March to early-/mid-August. So my posts will likely be (have been) on the increase. Especially with all this drama unfolding nowadays :D I am addicted to this site and can't get enough...and gee, I occasionally learn something and share my meager knowledge with others. :up

Now, where is my VOD and extra HD :D :p

But seriously, how/where can I change my "Senior Member" slogan to something a little more personal.

If the system allows you to do it, go to "User Controls" at the top and select "Edit Profile". You should see a section to allow you to change your user title, if it is enabled for you. (I don't know if this is a Pub Member only feature)

But seriously, how/where can I change my "Senior Member" slogan to something a little more personal.

Its where you modify your avatar. Edit Profile. Custom User Title. Not sure what you can tailor with general rights. I have moderator rights so maybe thats what it takes to modify. Maybe Scott can do it for you if you ask.

Hey does your buddy have a launch date for the Louisville, KY market? How can I get D* to give me the NY Channels in HD until something gives?

Hey does your buddy have a launch date for the Louisville, KY market? How can I get D* to give me the NY Channels in HD until something gives?

You can ask D* to submit a waiver for the NY locals. It is up to your local channels to approve the waivers though. This processes normally takes a month or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)