Status
Please reply by conversation.

88isgreat

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Relocated to Maine
I've had a R15 for about 3 months now. Twice now over the course opf 3 weeks, the thing went into a "loop" of constantly rebooting itself. I would have to unplug it for a few hours before it would start working again. The second time it did this, I called D*. They had me do a "reset" through the on screen menu. They said this should restore the machine to facotry defaults and reformat the hard drive. I did this and so far (2 days) everything seems fine. Has any one else run across this problem? Should I be pushing D* for a new unit?

I've had a R15 for about 3 months now. Twice now over the course opf 3 weeks, the thing went into a "loop" of constantly rebooting itself. I would have to unplug it for a few hours before it would start working again. The second time it did this, I called D*. They had me do a "reset" through the on screen menu. They said this should restore the machine to facotry defaults and reformat the hard drive. I did this and so far (2 days) everything seems fine. Has any one else run across this problem? Should I be pushing D* for a new unit?

If it does it again,Yes.;)

Reformatting the hard drive is different than resetting. It’s a different process. Be advised that reformatting will wipe out anything you have saved or set to record.

Reformatting the hard drive is different than resetting. It’s a different process. Be advised that reformatting will wipe out anything you have saved or set to record.
The CSR advised me of that before walking me through the process. It's funny that they call everything a "reset". The red button of course does a system restart, reboot, reset - what ever you want to call it. The process they had me go through was accessed through the on screen menu and that too is called a reset - even though it is probably more accurately a system defaul restore that includes a hard drive reformat. They could pick different names for these to eliminate confusion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts