National HD Poll Week of 5-28-08

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How many new National HD channels will be avaialble by Monday

• None (0) - Get real, we just got 22 new HD channels.

Votes: 162 69.5%
  • A few (1-3) - Dish will throw us a bone or two or three.

Votes: 44 18.9%
  • Several (4-8) - Dish is trying hard but there were legal/technical/strategic issues.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Abut Half (9-12) - Here's the Summer batch but don't get used to it.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Most of them (13-17) - The rest will be available "soon" (AKA the Fall).

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • The Full Monty (18-20+) - OK quit whining and start watching.

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious...but are you making up a June 1 deadline for this poll, or was there some rumor or indication that June 1 (like May 1) might bring good things?
I also voted none.
AFAIK There is no magic to June 1st, other than it is Sunday evening. And I posed the poll question in terms of how many National HD channels would be available by next Monday AM. FWIW I picked Monday AM as the cutoff since Dish has recently made HD available as late as Sunday PM.

Talon Dancer

Cool, I hear you.

I guess you'd have to think if they have these 20 temp channels up there, even though with nothing on them.....that is a sign of something coming.

Let me close my eyes and concentrate....huummm hummm hummm......looking into the future....the date that comes to my mind....June 20. Mark your calendars....let's see if I'm psychic!

Full Monty - but can we get the TV edit, PLEASe!

((of course I am also the kind of guy who, in the family football "pick-em", picks the eagles to win every week and all other teams in the nfc east to loose - or tie if two division foes are playing each other))

The poll is still open.

Dish could still light up 20+ new National HD channels before Monday AM. They've done it before :) Or they could keep fiddling around implementing the Eastern Arc. Or some of both.

FWIW I've been capturing screen dumps of the voting progress. Interestingly, the percentages have remained pretty consistent. I'll post some of the snaps when the poll closes Sunday evening.

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)