National HR20 release is now 9/13/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Trav said:
This question is for Robert:

I've written 2 e-mails within the last week but haven't gotten a response. Anyway, I bought the HR10 from VE back in Feb of 2005 for about $800, I think. I bought it - like many others - with the promise that we'd be able to upgrade to the HR20 for free or a "small fee".

How should those of us in this situation proceed? Would we have to order the HR20 directly from D* or could we order it from you guys and get a credit? I don't want to be stuck paying $300 when I really don't *need* to upgrade to the HR20 yet (no ND locals in my area yet) but I am interested in it for the improved speed and better OTA tuner (when it gets activated, of course).

Sorry about the email problem. Please send it to rzohn@valueelectronics.com so I can research why I did not see or respond to you before.

DIRECTV will be upgrading everyone's HR10-250 for free as they roll-out the HR20 state by state. I do not have the time table for the free upgrade roll-out.

Many customers choose to keep their HR10-250 and purchase another HD DVR (HR20) and they can choose to also have DIRECTV upgrade their HR10-250 whenever DIRECTV gets around to it or do whatever else they want to do with he HR10-250 as most customers own those units.

Also, anyone who buys an HR20 from an authorized dealer is eligible to take advantage of DIRECTV free dish upgrade, which includes the AT9, switch if required and all labor for free.

-Robert

Last edited:
herdfan said:
I would take this to mean that BB wil have them on 9/13 and everyone else on 9/23.

Actually BB's lead has come down to just a few days ahead of the national release. The national release is 9/13.

We have our first large allocation in stock at 12 fulfillment warehouses throughout the US and will ship every order from the customers closest warehouse on 9/13 or sooner.

-Robert

That Answered My Question From a Different Post.

That answered my question Robert. Thanks man! :up

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Sorry about the email problem. Please send it to rzohn@valueelectronics.com so I can research why I did not see or respond to you before.

DIRECTV will be upgrading everyone's HR10-250 for free as they roll-out the HR20 state by state. I do not have the time table for the free upgrade roll-out.

Many customers choose to keep their HR10-250 and purchase another HD DVR (HR20) and they can choose to also have DIRECTV upgrade their HR10-250 whenever DIRECTV gets around to it or do whatever else they want to do with he HR10-250 as most customers own those units.

Also, anyone who buys an HR20 from an authorized dealer is eligible to take advantage of DIRECTV free dish upgrade, which includes the AT9, switch if required and all labor for free.

-Robert

I just tried a chicago zip code 60647 and there are multiple best buys that have it available for pick up right now!

I'll wait until i get it for free like my HR10 I've got now.

trs23 said:
I just tried a chicago zip code 60647 and there are multiple best buys that have it available for pick up right now!

I'll wait until i get it for free like my HR10 I've got now.

Interesting, I just tried zip 60647 and all 6 stores show "UNAVAILABLE" when I look. Not sure why.

Thanks for the info Robert. I wasn't upset about not getting an e-mail response because you guys have always been great about that in the past. For the record, however, I sent it to rzohn@valueelectronics.com first and after a couple of days, I sent it again to sales@valueelectronics.com.

Anyway, thanks again.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

Trav said:
Thanks for the info Robert. I wasn't upset about not getting an e-mail response because you guys have always been great about that in the past. For the record, however, I sent it to rzohn@valueelectronics.com first and after a couple of days, I sent it again to sales@valueelectronics.com.

Anyway, thanks again.

Please send it one more time as I would like to unblock your mail.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Please send it one more time as I would like to unblock your mail.

-Robert

Done. Why would my e-mail be blocked, out of curiosity?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Don't know, but I do answer all emails so I asume you may be blocked by one of my spam filters.
You have had spam filter issues going back a couple of years. I would hate to think how much business you may have lost due to e-mails not getting through.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

Will Directv be giving a rebate or programming credits for those of us who purchase the HR20 before DirecTV gets around to upgrading everyone?

txhockey said:
Will Directv be giving a rebate or programming credits for those of us who purchase the HR20 before DirecTV gets around to upgrading everyone?

Yes, but programming credits are subject to:

A. The retention CSR's mood.

B. You term of service, payment history, programming level.

C. Your presentation skills.

-Robert

herdfan said:
You have had spam filter issues going back a couple of years. I would hate to think how much business you may have lost due to e-mails not getting through.

We have two spam filters, one is CloudMark, that sometimes blocks legitimate mail. I could not live without my spam filters.

From your responses to my posts I believe you enjoy heckling and bashing.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We have two spam filters, one is CloudMark, that sometimes blocks legitimate mail. I could not live without my spam filters.

From your responses to my posts I believe you enjoy heckling and bashing.
Not necessarily. I just remember try to return a remote to VE and e-mails continually went unanswered. And sorry, but Graham was zero help over the phone. I believed you when you said you didn't get them because you answered a PM over at TCF immediately. And did the resolve the problem.

It was just a note that you have issues with your spam filters and have for a couple of years. I guess it is up to you how much legitimate mail you are willing to miss.

could you please take your VE issues out of this thread and into private message?

I ordered from mine from VE the other day, I am hoping to have it in my hot lil hands during CEDIA so I can personally hammer Robert with questions, during the poker game :D

I can say that Robert is by far the best vendor I have dealt with, especially in an Internet commerce age. My newly formed company in business since JUNE 2006, gets more than 80 SPAM messages per DAY ... I can imagine my pain is no where near Robert's.

Back to fulfilment, Robert 12 warehouses ... holy moly!!! Where can I hijack a truck!?!?! Honestly, that rocks. Distribution networks are important to early adopting freaks like myself.

Too bad D* decided to hose the subs again, Football starts tomorrow, not the 13th. Oh I almost forgot ... I got my HR20-700 from VE, but D* did spot me $100 right off the bat and then 10/mo for 12/mo. Sooooooo I still get to keep my HR10-250, until they try and pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Thank again Robert!

I talked to retention today... she didn't seem to convinced that they were going to be coming out next week.

Any more info on this robert?

Also, she only gave me $100 credit as well. So much for the free upgrade....

When I called, he told me it would be later in September, and oh, yeah, it will be $299 whether I trade in my HR10-250 or not. Hence my decision to give TWC another try. If I am unhappy with cable, I may suck it up and pay for the HR20. It would be nice to try one out before I shell out the money for an HR20 though, like TWC did at their kiosk in the mall.

Ted

asousa said:
I talked to retention today... she didn't seem to convinced that they were going to be coming out next week.

Any more info on this robert?

Also, she only gave me $100 credit as well. So much for the free upgrade....

asousa, You will get the $100 credit and free dish upgrade. We'll be emailing everyone with the installation hot line number to get the free dish upgrade.

As of this moment we are good to go for shipping from all 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US on 9/12. For sure no later than 9/13.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts