National HR20 release is now 9/13/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dread the day, they force me to upgrade from my HD Directivo, to keep my HD locals. I can say that if I'm gonna be forced to upgrade, at some point, I had better get the upgrade for free, otherwise they are gonna lose me as a customer. I really don't think I should even need to use retention to get it for free(although I could since I've been with them since 1999)

It would be one thing if I wanted to upgrade for MORE programming, but, as it stands now, I wouldn't gain anything, I don't already have(NESN is my home RSN but from what I've read, since I am in CT, NESN HD isn't on my spotbeam, thus I wouldn't get it anyway and I already have NY HD locals via waivers. I'm not sure they would take them away anyway because NY locals are all offered as significantly viewed locals anyway), I have no need to upgrade.

Greetings all,
Newbie here....is the HR20 only available through D* ?? I thought this was a box that could only be rented ??

If not, where can I get one (on the 13th), how much does it cost and does it come with the 5LNB dish ??

hancox said:
Holy crap Brewer - with that track record, I might have you call for me! :D

Thats what my friend said. He never got lucky every time I told him to call and ask. He said you do it and gave me his personal info. I just mentioned going HD over to E* and their new HD DVR. Its all about the magic key words. I played dumb most of the conversations and thats when the freebies come. They dont throw all at once. You just have to keep asking about getting something. I may have got more but I thought this was fair and all I want.

DJanis said:
Greetings all,
Newbie here....is the HR20 only available through D* ?? I thought this was a box that could only be rented ??

If not, where can I get one (on the 13th), how much does it cost and does it come with the 5LNB dish ??

Call D* retention number to get free Dish install. 800.824.9081. You can get the HR20 from anywhere but I think Value Electronics and beachaudio have the best deal ($299 initial lease price/no monthly charge) over Best Buy ($399). When talking to Retention group just mention thinking of switching to Dish Networks HD package and their HD DVR. Start with free dish, cash back if buy DVR at retail, get free HD package, then ask for free HBO/Showtime. Process usually works for me.

gbubar said:
Called retention and got the HR20 w/A9 Dish installed (setup for 9/13) for $19.95 plus tax. I also have one on order from BeachAudio ($299.00 out the door), which should ship on 9/13. These 2 units will replace my 2 HR10-250's, which will be relocated to the bedrooms. I just hope DTV picks up the HD feed of CSN West in time for the NBA (Go Kings), but I am not holding my breath. The Sacramento DMA doesn't even have all the Big 4 in mpeg 4 yet. Presently NBC, ABC, CBS, and CW (go figure, CW, please...). Anyway, I just hope the install goes well and that my wife does not have too much of a learning curve with the new receiver:D :D :D

I am in the Sacramento DMA as well, and the no FOX mpeg-4 and no OTA tuner issue is a deal breaker for me. As much as I would like to get the new DVR, I'll have to wait until at least one of these two issues is resolved.

If I could suggest/request that you call D* and the local FOX station to complain. I have already done so multiple times. It seems to be just a matter of getting the contract done, and it is probably on the backburner for them unless enough people complain.

some people at DBS are reporting getting emails from Robert, stating that all orders will be shipped tommorow the 12th, lets hope thats true as I put my order in today and hope it gets shipped tommorow!

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We are shipping all of our HR20-700 orders tomorrow from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US.

-Robert

Robert, just curious, how many orders do you have for the HR20 currently, if you can tell us?

Robert, can you tell me when my credit card will get charged? I submited the order today, will you charge tommorow before you ship out? and thanks again

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We are shipping all of our HR20-700 orders tomorrow from our 12 fulfillment warehouses across the US.

-Robert

Yes,....happiness is having your credit card charged by Value Electronics....mine was today....hence I will have the HR20-700 in my setup SOON!

Thanks Robert!

Mel

Tarmack said:
Yes,....happiness is having your credit card charged by Value Electronics....mine was today....hence I will have the HR20-700 in my setup SOON!

Thanks Robert!

Mel

I just reached that promise land 10 minutes ago!~

Hopelly you're made it out before this hit them:

Dear Customer,

After inquiring this morning with our distributor about a confirmed ship
date for the HR20 unit, a representative from DirecTV contacted us
advising us on the current ship status of the HR20's we have in stock.
Rather than giving us the green light on shipping the units for their
arrival on the previously scheduled release date of Sept.13th, we were
advised of a significant software upgrade issue that has been widely
reported in the units from the first production run of the HR20's.
Because so many of the units currently in service are affected by this
issue, DirecTV has ordered a recall of all the current HR20 units
nationwide that still remain un-purchased by consumers to avoid the
overwhelming need for installation technicians to make in home visits to
replace the faulty units due to the significant software issue which
exists in them.

While this is clearly not good news for you, the waiting customer,
please understand this recall is on the order of DirecTV & is an effort
to avoid thousands of angry customers who would inevitably receive a
defective unit if the pieces currently in stock were to ship as planned,
or if purchased exclusively through local retailers. We have been
advised that all current units nationwide are affected with this glitch
& will have to be replaced for proper operation.

DirecTV has given us a new tentative release time frame of the first
week in October for the new units to be arriving at our warehouses &
ready to ship. This is only an estimate & has not been confirmed as a
guaranteed arrival date. Once we have a confirmed date for these units,
we will email you to advise of the release.

Please contact us at Beach Audio if you wish to cancel your order, or if
you would like to keep your current order on back-order status & await
the arrival of the new units. **Orders that have been placed via
Amazon.com are subject to a 30 day expiration time frame. Please contact
us if your order may be in danger of expiring & you wish to keep your
backorder in good standing.**

As information regarding this issue is given to us, we will keep
customers with current back orders advised via email immediately. If you
have any further questions or concerns, or if you wish to cancel your
order at any time, please feel free to email or call our offices during
regular business hours, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm PST, at the number below.

We sincerely apologize for this delay & appreciate your understanding in
the matter.

Just checked my card and I don't see an authorization..

I did see a charge from Value Electronics followed by a credit back on 9/1 but nothing new.

Robert, If that note regarding a delay until October is true, please let us know. If true, I am going to need to cancel or delay my order as I am going to be out of the country during the entire month of October and really don't want UPS leaving it under the doormat.

I got that same mail from beach audio,:mad:

BB's site says coming soon for the hr20. Bet they got the D* hold also.

The launch is still a go according to Earl, I have posted his quote in the HD forum as it is his wifes birthday, and I dont think he will be making it over here, he is ummm getting some cake probably! :) at least I hope he is what is a birthday with no cake, here is the quote

"Okay... here is the deal.
I went into my Outlook to send my email... and guess what, I already had an email waiting for me... (I told you they read the forums).

1) Best Buy is basically "out of stock"... basically they have gone below their threshold for the Best Buy.com the instore stock numbers to guarantee in store stock.

2) DirecTV and PACE are still producing the unit, and in fact have increase the production rate to meet the demand.

3) No explanation of why BeachAudio would send the letter that they did...

THERE IS NO RECALL OF THE HR20-700
Period. With a capital P

I can't say it any straighter fashion then this.

Thank you to those that have posted the letter you received.
I can guarantee you that in the morning, that someone from DirecTV will be contacting BeachAudio to find what prompted that email.

I'll let you know when I find out more.
" Earl

I know Earl knows what he is saying is 100% accurate as we have the same very high level contacts at DIRECTV.

I purchased all of my distributor’s first allocation and still expect to be shipping every order tomorrow.

-Robert

I just ordered a second one today for my friend and got a very nice personal call from VE to confirm I ordered 2 units. I said yes. Let em ship!!

Hopefully VE will be shipping mine soon :) My CC hasn't been charged yet, but keeping my fingers crossed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)