National network feeds ?

hd_SDI_1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Despite the mounting of a Winegard HD7082, careful alignment to the towers, a top of the line Winegard UHF amplifier and overall finger crossing I am receiving only 1 OTA DTV signal (an ABC affiliate – 3 miles away) It appears that a combination of my elevation and the low power of the CBS and PBS affiliates are causing the lack of DTV (both are broadcasting 1/10 of the DTV power - crazy that they can get away with this !)

Will Voom be offering national network DTV feeds anytime soon? It looks like the NBC and FOX stations have a track record of approving waivers for folks living in this part of Connecticut.

In the meantime I’ve just down graded my cable to a "limited basic" (10 dollars a month) and added an HD box (another 8 dollars) which should provide me all my affiliates with the bonus of INHD 1 and 2. This solution means however that I’ll have yet another remote, channel guide and STB to deal with. It would be nice to have a one-box solution.

thanks.

No, I don't think Voom will be offering national network feeds anytime soon. Wow, I wish my cable company would let me do that, have only the locals in HD, with INHD1 and 2. They say I must subscribe to at least digital cable at $59/m plus $9.95/ for INHD's and HD Net's, all on one TV. you have a perfect set-up for the time being, not many people can do that. be happy! get a universal remote, it will really help.

The problem is the FCC and some archaic/arcane rebroadcast issues, not Voom or any DBS provider for that matter. The CBS kludge on Dish & DirecTV is subject to Owned & Operated stations and waivers from other carriers in a viewers area (not quick nor convenient).

Tim

rudolpht said:
The problem is the FCC and some archaic/arcane rebroadcast issues, not Voom or any DBS provider for that matter. The CBS kludge on Dish & DirecTV is subject to Owned & Operated stations and waivers from other carriers in a viewers area (not quick nor convenient).

Tim

I agree and I feel the biggest hurtle for the viewer is the National Association of Broadcasters. They have fought DTV tooth and nail from day one.

In the mean time, beyond using cable for my OTA, I’m joining a 100+ others folks and filing a complaint against the CBS station in Hartford broadcasting in low power DTV. They’ve missed every promised deadline to the FCC so I'm sure pointing this out will be a minor thorn in the side of the station management. Broadcasters can’t have it both ways – denying waivers yet at the same time not living up to the licensing terms and DTV responsibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)