Nationals TV ratings

The LeBron James of Baseball! This kid had such high expectations and hype, yet he delivered despite the pressure! Congrats kid and welcome to the bigs!

He delivered one night ... so far.

Baseball is not run by one player like basketball.
Basketball plays one on one .... baseball would never work with that type of game.

Lots of one hit wonders out there.

Lets step back and see what he does over the course of the season from here on out, or the second half of the year when he's acclimated to the league.

He had a HUGE advantage seeing NO ONE has seen him.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he has a great year and career, just lets not call him CY just yet.

Let's not put him in the HOF just yet. He has a long way to go, but he was impressive his first game out.

I looked at the Nationals' schedule in the future:

Washington Nationals - Schedule - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

The Nats have roughly two weeks of AL opponents. Who do you see his second ML game against?

He'll get Cleveland, White Sox and the Royals and miss the Tigers if his rotation stays the same.

Thats a good thing, he'd probably shut down the Tigers rather easily the way they are hitting starters of late.

Um, no one's putting him "into the HOF" yet. We're just commending the young gent for his tremendous debut. What's so wrong with that?

Hey, we all understand how good of a start this was and said so.
We just don't want him automatically sent to the HOF after one outing is all.

OK, I'm a DOPE .....
Very nice start to a young and promising career :up

Now will the Nats build around him, or keep who they have and flounder .....

How long is Strasburg contract for, so we know how long he'll be in Washington before moving to the Big Apple.
Contract is not relevant. A player is not eligible to file for free agency until after his 6th year on the teams 40 man roster. The team owns the play for his first 6 seasons

There are often more people at a Nats game than watching on TV or listening on the radio. And since there usually not too many people at the games that is saying something.

Contract is not relevant. A player is not eligible to file for free agency until after his 6th year on the teams 40 man roster. The team owns the play for his first 6 seasons
And, by delaying his call-up until yesterday, the Nats buy another year. They own Strasburg through the 2016 season....

So, if he has a 2 year contract (example) he can't be moved ?
Nope. He will either go through arbitration or sign another contract with the team.

Teams usually don't sign players to small contracts that expire before they are eligible to file for free agency. The main purpose of even signing someone to an extended contract prior to their eligibility to file for free agency is so both can avoid arbitration and both get some sort of security. Usually these contracts end on their 6th year eligibility.

Ok .....

Lets all agree that he's not going to the HOF tomorrow and we all expect him to have a stellar career :up

At least he's out of the yankees hand for 6 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)