NBA 2008-09 Season

Agent: Turkoglu to enter free agency

Lon Babby, the agent for Turkoglu, told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that his client will opt out of his contract and become a free agent in two weeks.

June 30 is the first day players can declare for free agency.

Turkoglu will be entering the final year of a $36 million, six-year contract. He is scheduled to make $7.3 million next season under terms of that deal.
"I think Hedo distinguished himself in this playoff run," the agent said. "He's in a different spot than he was before the playoffs began. He's a rare player, a unique player who helped take a team to the Finals. He's grateful for the opportunity he has been given. He's enjoyed his time in Orlando. It's a solid organization, a team on the rise.

"Hedo will weigh his options."
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4260167"]Agent: Hedo Turkoglu of the Orlando Magic to declare for free agency - ESPN[/ame]

Lon Babby, the agent for Turkoglu, told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that his client will opt out of his contract and become a free agent in two weeks.

June 30 is the first day players can declare for free agency.

Turkoglu will be entering the final year of a $36 million, six-year contract. He is scheduled to make $7.3 million next season under terms of that deal.
Agent: Hedo Turkoglu of the Orlando Magic to declare for free agency - ESPN

He is hoping to get somewhere in the 10-13 million dollar range. He had a very good run during the playoffs showing off some VERY GOOD ball handling skills...especially for a man 6-10. Whether he will get the money he wants is not a sure thing, but I definately think he will get a devent pay increase somewhere else.

He is hoping to get somewhere in the 10-13 million dollar range. He had a very good run during the playoffs showing off some VERY GOOD ball handling skills...especially for a man 6-10. Whether he will get the money he wants is not a sure thing, but I definately think he will get a devent pay increase somewhere else.

I don't think the Magic can repeat as an Eastern Conference Finalist without the Turk. This would be a huge blow to their roster if they lose out on him.

I don't think the Magic can repeat as an Eastern Conference Finalist without the Turk. This would be a huge blow to their roster if they lose out on him.

Orlando has ALOT of questions as far as their roster is concerned. Once again, the East is WIDE OPEN. Heavy rumor down here has Turk possibly heading to Philly. That can swing the momentum to a very good and up and coming '6ers team. IF Boston can stay healthy.....they are the front runners in my eyes, especially with the emergence of Rondo...

The Turk is 6'10" and can dribble and shoot like a guard. Yes, he's "that" good. On your team, I'd compare him to Rasheed Wallace in his prime without the baggage.

Yeah, but does he rebound? We need a post presence, not another giant who fancies himself as a shooting guard, like Rasheed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts