NBA 2008-09 Season

The only other game tonight is Heat-Hawks, a preview of the Eastern conference 4-5 matchup.

For my money, that could be the best series in the first round! A TON of athletism in that series! :up

IMO, the 76ers would probably want to play Boston so they could avoid Orlando.

You know how the Pistons own the Magic? Well, Orlando has flat-out owned Philly.

IMO, the 76ers would probably want to play Boston so they could avoid Orlando.

You know how the Pistons own the Magic? Well, Orlando has flat-out owned Philly.

That's very true.

Also, the Celtics have owned the Bulls, but the Sixers have had modest success against the Celtics.

Celtics defeated the Sixers tonight, 100-98.

So unless the Bulls lose AND the Sixers win tomorrow night, the Bulls will be the #6 seed and play Orlando, and the Sixers will be the #7 seed and play Boston.

Tomorrow night, the Bulls host Toronto and Philly plays at Cleveland. :eek:

Soooo, I think it's safe for the Sixers to make flight arrangements to Boston, and the Bulls to make their flight reservations for Disney World. :D

Celtics defeated the Sixers tonight, 100-98.

So unless the Bulls lose AND the Sixers win tomorrow night, the Bulls will be the #6 seed and play Orlando, and the Sixers will be the #7 seed and play Boston.

Tomorrow night, the Bulls host Toronto and Philly plays at Cleveland. :eek:

Soooo, I think it's safe for the Sixers to make flight arrangements to Boston, and the Bulls to make their flight reservations for Disney World. :D

Not so fast my friend. Word out of Cleveland is that LeBron and most of the starters will get the final night off to rest now that there is nothing more at stake, record wise. A Cleveland win over the Sixers is far from a lock. Things may still get very interesting.

However, you can bet your ass off though, the subs still have something to play for.

#1, it's fan appreciation night at the Q. Owner, Dan Gilbert will be giving away over $1 million worth of prizes. The fans will surely be out in full force to celebrate the home court dominance.

#2, the subs will be vying for that 40-1 home court record tie. And will want to show everyone that they can win without LeBron.

I guess this will be a true test to see how strong our bench really is. As for tonight, they will be going against the first stringers all night.

ESPN-HD has a crucial doubleheader tonight- the last night of the regular season:

8:00pm ET- Houston at Dallas

10:30pm ET- Denver at Portland

There's three other games with seeding implications tonight:

8:00pm ET- Philadelphia at Cleveland

8:00pm ET- Toronto at Chicago

8:00pm ET- New Orleans at San Antonio

Houston loses at Dallas, Denver gets the #2 seed (Who would have predicted that?), and the fate of the Southwest Division will be decided in overtime.

Yesterday, I said that San Antonio is a team whose playoff outcome, IMO, could be decided by the playoff opponent they will face, whether favorable or not.

They win the division- thanks to a late gamt-tying three- and draw #6 seed Dallas, a team they have had good success against.

This is a good sign for them if they want to try and win it all again- win a division title, get home-court, and get a playoff opponent they feel confident against.

Oh my Gawd!!!

The Bulls lose AT HOME to Toronto, and the Sixers are ahead of the Cavs in CLEVELAND, 102-101 with about 2 minutes left in first OT. :eek:

Celtics and Magic await the ending of the Sixers/Cavs game.

Celtics piggy-back last season's 66-16 with a 62-20 mark this season.

Not too shabby considering the big bulleye they had on them, and all the injuries through the season. :up

Celtics piggy-back last season's 66-16 with a 62-20 mark this season.

Not too shabby considering the big bulleye they had on them, and all the injuries through the season. :up

Impressive.

They had a few rough stretches, but still were a very strong team (especially that beatdown in Denver)

Not so fast my friend. Word out of Cleveland is that LeBron and most of the starters will get the final night off to rest now that there is nothing more at stake, record wise. A Cleveland win over the Sixers is far from a lock. Things may still get very interesting.

You called it my friend! :up

Not in a gazillion years did I think the combination of Toronto winning in Chicago, and ESPECIALLY Philly winning in Cleveland could ever happen.

BUT it did, and now the Sixers will play Orlando and the Bulls will play Boston.

WOW!!

The fact that Cleveland took the game to overtime w/out their key players proves that they are THAT good.

No LeBron, no Mo, no Z- and it was by one point in overtime.

Philly beats Cleveland, 111-110 in OT. Only the second home loss for the Cavs!

Damn!

So close and with the services of only 7 players tonight!

No LeBron, Mo, Zydrunas, Ben or JJ Hickson. Even Anderson and Delonte only played the first quarter!

Our bench showed A LOT of heart in competing until the very end and sending it to OT. We had the chance to win the game with 3.7 seconds left in OT when Boobie Gibson got the ball on the inbound, but slipped on the floor during a cut as time expired.

Oh well. We've got bigger fish to fry. It sure would've been nice to tie that home record though.

Cavs final record for the '08-'09 regular season: 66-16. Not too shabby at all. Bring on the playoffs!

You called it my friend! :up

Not in a gazillion years did I think the combination of Toronto winning in Chicago, and ESPECIALLY Philly winning in Cleveland could ever happen.

BUT it did, and now the Sixers will play Orlando and the Bulls will play Boston.

WOW!!

Sorry we couldn't help your C's out Bill. IMO, the Sixers are probably the weakest team in the Eastern playoffs, especially without Elton Brand.

Did the Bulls and 76ers get the playoff matches they wanted? I thought about how the Celtics and Magic respectively do against their opponents.

In the grand scheme of things, neither team should have much difficulty with the Sixers or Bulls. The C's and Magic are pretty much a lock to advance to the next round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts