NBA 2008-09 Season

Check it again. LeBron dices his way around Paul Pierce, James Posey and then dunks over Kevin Garnett while receiving a vicious elbow to the bread basket. It was an intense dunk capped off by a very spontaneous call by the anouncer.

As face value it wasn't one of the best dunks I've seen, but with all the emotion wrapped around it, it is right up there. Very deserving of a commercial IMO.

Wait.....LOL!! Check it again, he gets a GREAT pick and the 2nd player over plays his move, once in there air....forget it....ANY player is posterized....:rolleyes:

Check it again. LeBron dices his way around Paul Pierce, James Posey and then dunks over Kevin Garnett while receiving a vicious elbow to the bread basket. It was an intense dunk capped off by a very spontaneous call by the anouncer.

As face value it wasn't one of the best dunks I've seen, but with all the emotion wrapped around it, it is right up there. Very deserving of a commercial IMO.

As a Celtics fan, I have to agree.

We're talking Pierce, Posey and KG here folks! :eek:

Each and every one of them are premier defensive players, and LeBron made them all look like school boys on that play!

Also, like Matt said, Kevin Harlan's call was the capper of that.

No....but the NBA was nowhere near pushing him to be the next great anything UNTIL he one his 1st championship. There was still Larry, Magic and Isiah.....

2nd point to this and all homerism aside for a second. The media is MUCH bigger now than when Michael started off in 1984.

News outlets have been reporting on LeBron since he was in middle school. His high school games at St. Vincent St. Mary were broadcast on ESPN. LeBron was on the cover of Sport's Illustrated as a Junior in High School! Just think about that for a minute......

The bar was set so high for him even BEFORE he came to the NBA. It almost seemed impossible for him to live up to everything that was said of him. But you know what? At the tender age of 24, amazingly he IS starting to not only reach, but exceed those expectations! That is what's so amazing about his story. But guess what folks? This is only the prologue. This kid hopefully has many chapters yet to write before all is said and done.

Maybe it's because Michael wasn't this dominant at an early age?

Gasp, did I just say that? Yes I did.

LMAO!!! Yeah.....try comparing the teams and players back when Michael was young......then come talk to me.

Bird, Magic, Worthy, Wilkins, Ewing, Thomas, Lambeer, Rodman, Olijuan, Miller, Mutumbo, Mourning, Malone.....

...and that was JUST the 80s....Lebron will NEVER see the amount of talent thrown at him day in day out like what was thrown out at Michael Jordan....

LMAO!!! Yeah.....try comparing the teams and players back when Michael was young......then come talk to me.

Bird, Magic, Worthy, Wilkins, Ewing, Thomas, Lambeer, Rodman, Olijuan, Miller, Mutumbo, Mourning, Malone.....

...and that was JUST the 80s....Lebron will NEVER see the amount of talent thrown at him day in day out like what was thrown out at Michael Jordan....

I know it's probably a nostalgia thing and maybe a lot of the current players won't get the respect until their careers are over, but there is A LOT of talent now too...

LeBron, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Carmello, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, etc.

I thought pinnacle of the game was the 80's. I'll take any championship team from that era and a few also-rans against any team from any era. Lakers, Celts, Pistons, 76ers, and even Portland from the 80's. These were all great teams that could compete with any team now and beat them soundly. These were complete teams that understood the "team" concept and had no weaknesses. In retrospect, the only weakness may have been those silly "short" shorts.:D

I thought pinnacle of the game was the 80's. I'll take any championship team from that era and a few also-rans against any team from any era. Lakers, Celts, Pistons, 76ers, and even Portland from the 80's. These were all great teams that could compete with any team now and beat them soundly. These were complete teams that understood the "team" concept and had no weaknesses. In retrospect, the only weakness may have been those silly "short" shorts.:D

I fact, I will take those Cavs team from the 80s with Ehlo, Price, BD, Nance and so forth and favor them over the current Cavs.

I agree, but one other team from that era is almost always overlooked: the Milwaukee Bucks.

They had some GREAT teams in the early 80's with Marques Johnson (who I consider the most underrated superstar of that era), Sidney Moncrief, Junior Bridgeman, Brian Winters, Bob Lanier, Alton Lister, Quinn Buckner, Paul Pressey, etc.

Those Bucks teams won 60+ games a few times in the 80's, but could never get over the Boston/Philly hurdle.

That's what I'm saying about that era. Just think about the teams from then that got nowhere near a championship. It took the Piston's more than a few tries to get past Boston. I'll still say it - The greatest decade of the NBA. Etch it in cement.

I fact, I will take those Cavs team from the 80s with Ehlo, Price, BD, Nance and so forth and favor them over the current Cavs.

...also, add the Knicks teams that lost to the Bulls in the Eastern conference finals would beat just about any team now.....the teams of the 80' and Bulls of the 90s were TOTATL and COMPLETE teams....I would say the 80's and some of the 90s teams almost had either a HOF or border line HOF......the teams now are no where near that...to me atleast.....

Oh hell no! :eek:

Just kidding. The dim witted announcers made the same argument during Sunday's game on ABC. That would sure be an interesting matchup.

All around, I'd say that late 80's, early 90's team was a better all around. However... there just is no comparing the biggest X-Factor that is LeBron James. He'd snap Brad and Larry Nance in half. Mark Price had one of the sweetest shots ever, but Mo and Delonte would neutralize them. BD and Big Z are a wash. In the end, I'd take this team, winning a 7 game series in 5 games.

That's what I'm saying about that era. Just think about the teams from then that got nowhere near a championship. It took the Piston's more than a few tries to get past Boston. I'll still say it - The greatest decade of the NBA. Etch it in cement.

I agree 100% Like I said, in that decade, just about every team had either a HOF or fringe HOF...and some had multiple!

IF Lebron was in THAT era.... he would not be so dominant....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts