NBA 2008-09 Season

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio

Can you say statement?! :eek:

BTW, whoever said "home court doesn't matter" hasn't told these two clubs. For the 16th time in a row when the Cavs and Celtics have squared off, the home team has won!

The Cavs are now 1 game away from clinching home-court throughout the playoffs! Plus, we are 1 game away from tying that epic home record of 40-1. It'll be interesting to see if Mike Brown allows his starters to play the final home game against the Sixers on Wednesday if they already have home court locked up after tonight???

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Bill and Sky, did you see that elbow to Varajao's groin by Ray Allen? That was not typical Ray Allen behavior. I realize emotions were running high and the two got tangled up, but that was a pretty cheap shot. With this shot and the other cheap close-line by Big Baby in their last game, these two teams are developing quite the dislike for each other. If they are face each other in the playoffs, this series will be VERY intense....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgDF0oFM4Y"]Ray Allen/Varejao Altercation[/ame]

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Bill and Sky, did you see that elbow to Varajao's groin by Ray Allen? That was not typical Ray Allen behavior. I realize emotions were running high and the two got tangled up, but that was a pretty cheap shot. With this shot and the other cheap close-line by Big Baby in their last game, these two teams are developing quite the dislike for each other. If they are face each other in the playoffs, this series will be VERY intense....

Ray Allen/Varejao Altercation

That's an under statement. Kind of like telling someone about to be hit by a tidal wave, that they may experience moisture.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA

Ray Allen/Varejao Altercation

Yeah, I caught that this morning on ESPN and was like, WTF!

That was not cool at all of Ray-Ray! :confused:

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I was downtown both Friday and Saturday night over the weekend. On my way home, I stopped to basque in the love this town has for our very own star, LeBron James.

One of the buildings has the lights strategically left on to show their support for LeBron. What a site it is.....

lbj_mvp_publicsquare_v2.jpg

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Could Ray-Ray be fined and/or Suspended???

Yeah, I caught that this morning on ESPN and was like, WTF!

That was not cool at all of Ray-Ray! :confused:

More on this.....

Varejao clearly didn’t do anything to deserve that elbow. The refs appeared to be shielded from the play, which is probably why the double technicals were handed out instead of Allen alone getting the whistle. I think if an official had seen it originally, things would have gone down differently. An elbow to the groin on a dead ball? That’s an ejection, people. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the league handed down a fine or suspension for it in the near future.
[Brett Pollakoff/NBA FanHouse]
If Ray Allen is suspended for an upcoming playoff game, the Celtics already have a banged up Kevin Garnett and Detroit sneaks into the #7 seed, things in the opening round may become all the more interesting....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Breaking: Ben Wallace Injured

Gulp. Not everything ended well on Sunday for the Cavs.....

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers forward Ben Wallace has a strained tendon in his left knee, putting his availability in doubt for the playoffs.

Wallace left Sunday's game against Boston in the second quarter with what the team said was a bruise. An MRI taken at the Cleveland Clinic on Monday revealed a patellar tendon strain. Wallace will not play in Monday's game at Indiana and is listed as doubtful for the regular-season finale on Wednesday against Philadelphia.

The Cavs gave no timetable on how long Wallace, the club's best interior defender, could be out.

Wallace recently returned after missing 17 games with a broken right leg.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The Road to the NBA Championship Runs Through Cleveland!

That's right folks. With last night's 117-109 Cavs victory over the Pacers, Cleveland clinches the best record in the NBA and home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. If any series goes 7 games, the final game will be in Cleveland and you can bet your life the Q will be rockin!!!!!!!

With 1 more game left, not only can we go 40-1 at home, but these Cavaliers have an opportunity to win 67 games this year. That is good enough to tie the 6th best regular season record in NBA history! We are talking about history here folks!

As this magical season progresses, I just hope it continues on through June.

Yet in typical LeBron fashion, despite the best record and home-court, he won't call his team the favorite to win the Championship....

"It's going to be Boston," he said. "It goes like that every year. Until you knock off the NBA champs, that's the team to beat. We worked hard for the regular season to get to the point where we're at now, the home court. We must serve home in the playoffs like we did in the regular season."

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Pistons the final #8 seed?

With the Bulls comeback win against the Pistons last night, it's looking more evident that the Pistons will end up with the #8 seed and the Bulls the #7.

As a Cavs fan, I'm not sure who I'd rather face in the first round. The Bulls are playing really well right now and with a lot of confidence and the Pistons are reeling. However, it seems somehow appropriate that the Cavs will have to end Detroit’s steak of 6 straight Eastern Conference finals if they’re going to win it all.

BTW, this will pit another Ohio team against a Michigan team this playoff season. (Blue Jackets face the Red Wings in the NHL playoffs).

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
With the Bulls comeback win against the Pistons last night, it's looking more evident that the Pistons will end up with the #8 seed and the Bulls the #7.

As a Cavs fan, I'm not sure who I'd rather face in the first round. The Bulls are playing really well right now and with a lot of confidence and the Pistons are reeling. However, it seems somehow appropriate that the Cavs will have to end Detroit’s steak of 6 straight Eastern Conference finals if they’re going to win it all.

BTW, this will pit another Ohio team against a Michigan team this playoff season. (Blue Jackets face the Red Wings in the NHL playoffs).

As a Celtics fan, I'm thrilled with this scenario!

I'd much rather face a young, albeit talented, Bulls squad, then the uber-experienced Pistons........struggling or not.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
I was downtown both Friday and Saturday night over the weekend. On my way home, I stopped to basque in the love this town has for our very own star, LeBron James.

One of the buildings has the lights strategically left on to show their support for LeBron. What a site it is.....

lbj_mvp_publicsquare_v2.jpg
it is a great site. very cool :up

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Saunders nearing deal to coach Wizards

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Flip Saunders has an offer to be the head coach of the Washington Wizards next season but has yet to return it, according to ESPN's Ric Bucher and a number of other published reports.

Should he sign and return the offer, Saunders could be named as the team's head coach later this week or early next week. The NBA regular season ends on Wednesday.

Yahoo! Sports reported Monday Saunders has told associates he'd accepted the job. The deal is reported for close to $19 million over four years.
Smart move by the Wiz. I've always liked Flip and thought he got a raw deal by the Pistons. There's a lot of talent on this Wizards team and I expect Flip to get these guys to play to their potential next year.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4066231"]Reports: Flip Saunders reaches deal to coach Washington Wizards - ESPN[/ame]

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Mr. James should get plenty of rest in the first round. I am thinking an ugly sweep by the Cavs.

If you take a look back at each "Championship" run the pistons have had over the past few years, the late 80's/mid 90's and now this 2000 run, when it ends it ends UGLY.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Mr. James should get plenty of rest in the first round. I am thinking an ugly sweep by the Cavs.

If you take a look back at each "Championship" run the pistons have had over the past few years, the late 80's/mid 90's and now this 2000 run, when it ends it ends UGLY.

Is it true Iverson is indeed done for the playoffs too?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin

Detroit has no chance.

They don't have momentum heading into the playoffs that the 2007 Warriors had nor an impressive record against their top-seeded opponent (1-3 against the Cavs, with that one win in November, before things went to hell in a handbasket for the Pistons).

Also, they don't have a game-changer that can cause trouble like Baron Davis, Steven Jackson, Josh Smith, or Joe Jackson.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Detroit has no chance.

They don't have momentum heading into the playoffs that the 2007 Warriors had nor an impressive record against their top-seeded opponent (1-3 against the Cavs, with that one win in November, before things went to hell in a handbasket for the Pistons).

Also, they don't have a game-changer that can cause trouble like Baron Davis, Steven Jackson, Josh Smith, or Joe Jackson.

Your right Sabres. Thank God for the Cavs, that "game-changer" got sent packing to the Mile High City.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I am going to shock a lot of you guys with my NBA Finals pick- not so much my pick to win the East, but my surprising pick in the West:

It'll be the Cavaliers vs.... Denver!

I am turning into a believer into this team; they are equipped to give the Lakers some serious fits.

Besides, if anyone remembers all the LeBron/Carmelo hub from when they debuted, it would make for a delicious matchup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)