NBA 2008-09 Season

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Salsa and HD getting into a cat-fight. MEOW!

Perhaps now would be the best time to mention that the Raiders play the Browns in the 2009 season.

CeltsHD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
RI
No, LeBron is bigger than the Super Bowl. ;) Kidding....

Well, to me he is.

That reminds me, I saw one of those off the wall prop bets for the Super Bowl:

Who will score more points on Sunday?

LeBron vs. the Pistons OR Pitt/Arizona combined.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
That reminds me, I saw one of those off the wall prop bets for the Super Bowl:

Who will score more points on Sunday?

LeBron vs. the Pistons OR Pitt/Arizona combined.

Oh, my. I completely forgot about the Cavs/Pistons Sunday game on ABC at 2:30pm! This is going to make for a great pre-game appetizer to the Super Bowl!

I am now officially excited for Sunday. Before this reminder, my enthusiasm has been completely curbed by the Steelers being in the Super Bowl.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
What...no mention of last nights game...?;)

It was brutal, but remember the Cavs are missing two starters and it showed last night. The offense has a much better flow with Z and Delonte....not enough ball movement last night.

Hats off to the Magic, though. They played great when it counted.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
It was brutal, but remember the Cavs are missing two starters and it showed last night. The offense has a much better flow with Z and Delonte....not enough ball movement last night.

Hats off to the Magic, though. They played great when it counted.

Yep. The Cavs are without 40% of their staring lineup. It was obvious last night.

I still feel that the Magic are a hot/cold team. When they are hitting from outside, they're unstoppable. But over a course of a series, that unworldly shooting percentage is due to go down.

The difference in this game was a tale of 2 halves. In the first half, the Cavs couldn't miss from the field. In the second, they couldn't buy a basket. The exact opposite happened for the Magic.

BTW, Dwight Howard IS the real deal! He's hand's down the best center in the game and has the potential to be mentioned among the greats when it is all said and done. He's a man among boys!

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
BTW, Dwight Howard IS the real deal! He's hand's down the best center in the game and has the potential to be mentioned among the greats when it is all said and done. He's a man among boys!

No doubt. I'd really like to see Camby in a Cavs uni to try and contain Howard if they meet in the playoffs.

CeltsHD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
RI
I still feel that the Magic are a hot/cold team. When they are hitting from outside, they're unstoppable. But over a course of a series, that unworldly shooting percentage is due to go down.

This is how I feel also.

I would rather play Orlando than Atlanta or Miami in the playoffs.

The Magic may be better over the course of an 82 game season, but I feel the Hawks and Heat would be tougher outs in a seven game series.

I'll say it now: NO team will want to play the Hawks in the playoffs. They are just so insanely athletic!

CeltsHD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
RI
Oh, my. I completely forgot about the Cavs/Pistons Sunday game on ABC at 2:30pm!

BIG weekend in the Motor City!

The Pistons host the Celtics tonight (7:00pm ESPN) and the Cavs on Super Bowl Sunday.

Last edited:

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
How convenient....I mentioned last nights game because UNLESS they win or something catastrophic(like an injury)...there is no mention of the Cavs...in other words..a loss.

No need to dwell on a loss. Get over it.

What do you want me to shout from the mountain tops that the Cavs lost? Losses are tough. I already critiqued the game. Move on.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
This is how I feel also.

I would rather play Orlando than Atlanta or Miami in the playoffs.

The Magic may be better over the course of an 82 game season, but I feel the Hawks and Heat would be tougher outs in a seven game series.

I'll say it now: NO team will want to play the Hawks in the playoffs. They are just so insanely athletic!

I think IF there still was the short series, like the old 3 out of 5 format, Miami would be the team to be afraid of....but they extended all series and this helps the higher seeded teams because you have less chance of surprises with more games.

But being a Heat fan, I think they are STILL a big man away from being a legit playoff threat....as of now, they are in the 'one and done' category.:(

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I think IF there still was the short series, like the old 3 out of 5 format, Miami would be the team to be afraid of....but they extended all series and this helps the higher seeded teams because you have less chance of surprises with more games.

But being a Heat fan, I think they are STILL a big man away from being a legit playoff threat....as of now, they are in the 'one and done' category.:(

Any trade rumors out of Miami?

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
No need to dwell on a loss. Get over it.

What do you want me to shout from the mountain tops that the Cavs lost? Losses are tough. I already critiqued the game. Move on.

Same can be said about a WIN....it's a long season...and getting too high on wins and too low on loss is useless when you know full well you have a championship caliber team...and the Cavs do. When the team is THIS GOOD, having or not having homecourt advantage is no big deal.

...THAT'S why the regular season is nothing more than a 'mirage'.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Any trade rumors out of Miami?

The obvious of course is Shawn Marion and Dorrel Wright. They also have an open roster/an exemption due to Mournings' retirement. One heavy rumor going around is Marion for Jermaine O'Neal...now the Heat NEVER comment on trade rumors....but this one is getting heavy circulation. The Heat will have from what I read(but I would need to confirm) the 2nd or 3rd most salary cap space in the NBA....so keeping the cap space to a minimum is high priority for them.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The obvious of course is Shawn Marion and Dorrel Wright. They also have an open roster/an exemption due to Mournings' retirement. One heavy rumor going around is Marion for Jermaine O'Neal...now the Heat NEVER comment on trade rumors....but this one is getting heavy circulation. The Heat will have from what I read(but I would need to confirm) the 2nd or 3rd most salary cap space in the NBA....so keeping the cap space to a minimum is high priority for them.

Jermain O'Neil is HIGHLY overrated IMO. He's actually made the Raptors worse this year. Before he was there and Bosh was on his own, at least the Raptors were a legitamite Playoff contender. Now, they are just awful.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Jermain O'Neil is HIGHLY overrated IMO. He's actually made the Raptors worse this year. Before he was there and Bosh was on his own, at least the Raptors were a legitamite Playoff contender. Now, they are just awful.

Them being awful is not completely Jermaine's fault. It would boost the Heat in the center position and they would let go after the season is over if they wish. Miami has PLENTY of guys that can play the #4 spot...not the #5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)