NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

Miami has a bunch of minimum wage reserves whose contracts expired. They also have over $5 million in raises in the long term contracts, so their payroll for eight players drops from $80 million to $78 million, for now, but the salary cap is less than $60 million, so all they can do for the next four years is add minimum wage and mid-level exception players. That's better than nothing. Shaquile O'Neil agreed to sign with the Celtics for the veteran minimum because doing so would get him his best shot at adding a ring to his collection, but that is a rare situation.

The third and fourth contract years of their half a dozen best players are all player options at their max salary, so those players will only exercise those options if they have become worth less than that.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Heat!One monkey down...lets see how many are left?5,6,7?:D

Maybe the Bornets or Hobcats can rise up and compete one of these days.:D

Congrats to both of our loyal Heat fans here: Rey and Salsa!!
:)

There is absolutely no doubt who the best team or the best player in the NBA is!

Congrats Rey.:first: It feels great doesn't it! Enjoy it.
awesome! thanks hart

Congrats to the Heat!One monkey down...lets see how many are left?5,6,7?:D

Maybe the Bornets or Hobcats can rise up and compete one of these days.:D
thank you :)

To the Heat fans on here, how does this compare to the 2006 title?
06 was the first but i was nowhere near as emotional as i was with this one. this championship is sooo much sweeter. and the icing was the bit** slap it represented to all the haters out there. do us the favor and continue to waste your energies on hating the heat. :popcorn

Congrats to both of our loyal Heat fans here: Rey and Salsa!!
:)

There is absolutely no doubt who the best team or the best player in the NBA is!
thanks buddy. classy as always.

I loved Magic's comments stating that this championship run will only fuel him/them even more and to 'watch out next season'.
And LeBron knows who to watch out for:

"...“They're going to be a team to be reckoned with for a lot of years because they're young, and they're going to use this experience as motivation,” LeBron said after the Heat ended the Finals with a Game 5 victory Thursday night.

“You know, this is not the last time we'll see Oklahoma City. This won't be the last time we see them in the Finals. ...”

Read more: NBA Finals: Could LeBron James vs. Kevin Durant be the NBA's next great rivalry? | NewsOK.com

Not a big fan of parades. And the weather is supposed to be miserable with Tropical Storm Debbie in the Gulf. I did one parade when the Bulls won the 1st 'Three-peat' ...and they got more than what Miami will get(their parades AVERAGED around over a million people)...and it was too crowded too much.

Not a big fan of parades. And the weather is supposed to be miserable with Tropical Storm Debbie in the Gulf. I did one parade when the Bulls won the 1st 'Three-peat' ...and they got more than what Miami will get(their parades AVERAGED around over a million people)...and it was too crowded too much.

i work about 2-3 miles away from where the parade is but can't miss a day here. luckily sun sports is televising the event and i'm recording it :) perhaps they should move it for tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts