NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Well we about a month away from the start of the NBA PLAYOFFS. If the playoffs started today, this would be the match ups.

2012 NBA Playoff Matchups - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Key matches: Bulls vs Knicks / Heat vs Celtics / Clippers vs Mavericks / OKC vs Houston

I'd like to see both Local Teams reach the playoffs, but honestly seen either one make it to the 2nd round would be a miracle :eek:

Lakers prob 4th
Clippers 7th or 8th

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

OKC clinched already. Whos next

The Celtics wrapped up the #4 seed last night, and will face either Atlanta or Orlando in the first round. However, being the #4 seed doesn't guarantee HCA for the Celtics. Boston still needs to have a better record than their first round opponent, seeding notwithstanding.

With Howard now done for the year, I'm sure both the Celtics and Pacers hope to draw the Magic in the first round.

BillD1984 said:
With Howard now done for the year, I'm sure both the Celtics and Pacers hope to draw the Magic in the first round.

Anyone who thinks that Howard has not been a diva AND a cancer for his club is crazy. He should get traded just for cause alone. He has made Melo and Lebron look like choir boys.

Anyone who thinks that Howard has not been a diva AND a cancer for his club is crazy. He should get traded just for cause alone. He has made Melo and Lebron look like choir boys.

I just wonder how much the back surgery will drive the asking price down.

I just wonder how much the back surgery will drive the asking price down.

It has been reported that, under the new collective bargaining agreement, Howard can be paid as much as $109 million for five years by Orlando, or $81 for four years by any other team that has sufficient cap space. It was recently reported on ESPN.com that, through this point in his career, Howard has been the most durable "modern" center, having played the most minutes and the most games and missed the fewest through his first eight seasons. That era doesn't include Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell, but Wilt missed about a hundred in his first eight seasons, which is more than five times as many games as Howard will have missed, and Russell missed more than did Howard also. Only Kareem missed about the same number of games as has Howard.

Shaquile O'Neil broke down much more often, missing over 100 games in his first eight seasons, including missing more than twenty games in each of four of them. Only David Robinson had comparable durability through his first seven seasons, before having an off-season back injury from which he fully recovered, but then followed that with a season ending broken foot. Taking the diagnosis of a simple herniated disk and prognosis of a full recovery, with rehabilitation starting in two weeks and taking four months, as accurate, I'd say that any negative effect this injury and surgery will have on his future value will not drive him below the maximum allowable value he can be paid under the current collective bargaining agreement.

Last edited:
he means since Howard isn't healthy will that make him less valuable.
i say yes.......
back problems can be almost impossible to get rid of.

Gotcha...and I agree. I don't know of a single person that has EVER had back surgery, both "normal folks" and professional athletes...that have EVERY fully recouped.

It has been reported that, under the new collective bargaining agreement, Howard can be paid as much as $109 million for five years by Orlando, or $81 for four years by any other team that has sufficient cap space. It was recently reported on ESPN.com that, through this point in his career, Howard has been the most durable "modern" center, having played the most minutes and the most games and missed the fewest through his first eight seasons. That era doesn't include Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell, but Wilt missed about a hundred in his first eight seasons, which is more than five times as many games as Howard will have missed, and Russell missed more than did Howard also. Only Kareem missed about the same number of games as has Howard.

Shaquile O'Neil broke down much more often, missing over 100 games in his first eight seasons, including missing more than twenty games in each of four of them. Only David Robinson had comparable durability through his first seven seasons, before having an off-season back injury from which he fully recovered, but then followed that with a season ending broken foot. Taking the diagnosis of a simple herniated disk and prognosis of a full recovery, with rehabilitation starting in two weeks and taking four months, as accurate, I'd say that any negative effect this injury and surgery will have on his future value will not drive him below the maximum allowable value he can be paid under the current collective bargaining agreement.

Good post AntAtl... I think Shaq's issues with injuries had alot to do with him not giving a squat about his weight.

Looks like Indiana is going to get Orlando in the 1st round, that will be a cakewalk in to the 2nd round.

Also, Either Miami or Chicago will get the Knicks in the 1st round and destroy them in 5.

Sets up and interesting 2nd round. Boston/Miami and Indiana/Chicago. Both Miami and Chicago(healthy Rose) are better teams, but those teams give them fits. If Rose is not Healthy I think the Pacers could knock them off. I don't think the Celtics would beat Miami, but they will take them to the limit.

Looks like Indiana is going to get Orlando in the 1st round, that will be a cakewalk in to the 2nd round.

Also, Either Miami or Chicago will get the Knicks in the 1st round and destroy them in 5.

Sets up and interesting 2nd round. Boston/Miami and Indiana/Chicago. Both Miami and Chicago(healthy Rose) are better teams, but those teams give them fits. If Rose is not Healthy I think the Pacers could knock them off. I don't think the Celtics would beat Miami, but they will take them to the limit.

Agreed. The last few games of the regular season, you are going to see teams practice up for a Rose-less Bulls team...and they are gonna struggle. The Bulls have been smart to not announce if Rose will be playing until the day of the game. The Bulls without Rose, offensively, are terrible. These playoffs are gonna be good. Personally, I hope that Rose DOES play. I want NO EXCUSES from that team when they fail to make the NBA Finals AGAIN.

I remember back in 1976, the Celtics weren't anywhere near being the best team in the league, but Buffalo knocked out the Philadelphia and Washington teams that had given the Celtics fits, and meanwhile, Phoenix beat Golden State, and so Boston won the championship without having to play any of the three best teams in the league.

Lakers can finish 3rd/4th depending on Lob City and vise versa.