NBA 2011-2012 Season

Carmelo Anthony is looking more and more like this generation's George McGinnis, a talented guy that no one can figure out how to win with.

Are Anthony and Stoudemire in the dog house? Neither played in the fourth quarter of what wound up being a 12 point loss.

Excellent game @ Staples

Sent from Epic 4G Touch on ICS 4.03 with TapaTalk

Word is that Jermaine O'Neil's hand continues to hurt and he is considering season ending surgery, and Chris Wilcox is out indefinitely with career threatening cardiac symptoms. The Celts are in deep doo-doo at center, having only 26 year old rookie Greg Stiemsma, who couldn't make anybody's 15 man roster for four years after college, and rookie JaJuan Johnson, who, despite being a "finished product" coaching wise, was only a 27th pick after four years of college ball, as players tall enough to play that position. Basically, their starting center for now is Bass, who is undersized even when he plays power forward.

The Celtics have had really bad luck over the last season and a half with "bigs". Last year, in games in which Shaq played 20 minutes a game, they were the best team in the league, but his ankle gave out. Jeff Greene and Ned Kristic came over from the Thunder for Perkins and Nate Robinson, but Greene, who had been resigned for $9 million a year and was being counted on as a 30 minutes-per-game sixth man, failed his physical and his contract was voided, and Kristic was deemed to not be worth the $5 million it would have taken to resign him. Troy Murphy and his $11 million a year contract expired and the Celts let the Lakers sign him for $1.3 million, which is all he is now worth due to physical deterioration, and they traded Semih Erden to Cleveland for their 2013 2nd round pick and because he wasn't worth any more than that.

The Celtics are nearly $30 million over the cap and have already used their mid-level exception on Wilcox, so all they can do is either sign a free agent who will play for the veteran minimum (about $1.5 million) or make a deal using the contracts of O'Neil or Wallace to facilitate a trade, but I don't know who would be available that might help them.

Last edited:
The Celts should have held on to Perkins. In the off season Perkins' knee healed and he came in 20 lbs lighter. I don't know what Danny Ainge was thinking when he made that trade. Not that I'm complaining. :)

The Celts should have held on to Perkins. In the off season Perkins' knee healed and he came in 20 lbs lighter. I don't know what Danny Ainge was thinking when he made that trade...

What he was thinking was 1) Shaq would be good for one more year, 2) Jermaine would be good for one more year and 3) Jeff Greene would replace the injured Marquis Daniels in the offense. The Celtics had no one to back up Daniels when he had his season ending and career threatening injury last year.

Will the Celtics be swept in L.A this road trip??? ESPN will have the game tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Wade had a chance to win the game for the Heat in regulation as the ball spun out of the steel. OT was a diff result tho.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

:eek:

they'll probably get rid of the coach first.....

D`Antoni quits instead.. guess he has realized that LINsanity is finally over.

Will Phil Jackson come out of retirement and join the Knicks.. we will see.

Sent from ICS HP Touchpad with Tapatalk

D`Antoni quits instead.. guess he has realized that LINsanity is finally over.

Will Phil Jackson come out of retirement and join the Knicks.. we will see.

Sent from ICS HP Touchpad with Tapatalk

yeah he was out either way.

With the talent that the Knicks have,there's no way they should be playing as bad as they are. I bet Isaiah Thomas would know how to coach this team........oh wait,nevermind:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)