NBA 2011-2012 Season

But the Celtics do become unimportant nationally if they are not contending. In the 1990s, there were years in which they were not scheduled for a single nationally televised game at the start of those seasons because, unless they are winning, they are not a national draw. I remember Red Auerbach being interviewed in about 1988 and he was asked about the impact of the death of Len Bias. He said it won't be that noticable right now, but half a dozen years from now, if things aren't going well, it will be the reason because you only draft in the top 2 once in a decade and when you do, the guy you pick is supposed to be the one you build around for that next decade. Even when the Celtics got back to the playoffs with Pierce and Walker, they generated no interest nationally.

When the Celtics Mt Rushmore is chiseled, it should include Red Auerbach for landing Bill Russel and Larry Bird, Bill Fitch, for arranging the Joe Barry Carroll for Parrish and McHale swap, and McHale himself for "giving" the Celtics Kevin Garnett. Without Garnett, the Celtics would have been nearly irrelevant over the past four seasons.

Meh. I'm talking about having a championship pedigree. I could give two hoots about the national perception. IMO, the NBA has been a "steak and sizzle" league through it's history. Through most of their championship years, the Celtics had a "lunch pail" mentality. The NBA (more than any other league) has always promoted it's players more than the teams they play on, and the Celtics- more times than not- were usually a ho-hum team.

But they- along with the Lakers- represent the "steak" in the league's history. :)

Kevin Durant on his way for the All Star Game MVP award.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DWades turn over cost The East the game.

pro96 said:
DWades turn over cost The East the game.

Yeah...that bobble out of bounds on the long pass was costly. D. Will had a great look at a 3 for the win...and missed as well.

What about LeBron? Defers twice & turns it over with a chance to win.

yeah i realize he put up some great numbers yesterday but i just wish he would've taken the shot instead of passing it resulting in a TO. and the other one you're talking about seems like a coaching decision.

and yes i'm aware if he takes the shot and misses he would've been criticized as well..... personally i would've liked to see him take a shot. at the end its not a playoff game so i guess its not a big deal.not to me anyway......

:dead ...And without him, they don't come within 20... LOL! And IF he takes it and makes it... "meh. Meaningless exhibition game". You guys are TOO predicable sometimes... LOL!

Not beating a horse, just noting another example of what is becoming a recurring theme in Mr. James' career. Carry on.....

lot of hype building up around sundays game heat vs lakers lol! a very big deal is being made about wade breaking kobe's nose and if it was done on purpose blah blah. if there's any bad blood between those two............ hilarious!!! regardless of the hype the game is going to be a good one anyway.

rey_1178 said:
lot of hype building up around sundays game heat vs lakers lol! a very big deal is being made about wade breaking kobe's nose and if it was done on purpose blah blah. if there's any bad blood between those two............ hilarious!!! regardless of the hype the game is going to be a good one anyway.

Rumor has it...the reason Wade fouled Kobe pretty hard was due to a couple of pretty hard pushes/elbows Wade got from Kobe on the offensive side when the West had the ball.

There had been alot of talk about Kobe taking exception to the fact Wade has been considered the best 2 guard in the NBA the last 3-5 years and that Kobe has been living on reputation only by way of the West coast media.

Adds MORE drama to Sunday's game as you said.

Rumor has it...the reason Wade fouled Kobe pretty hard was due to a couple of pretty hard pushes/elbows Wade got from Kobe on the offensive side when the West had the ball.

There had been alot of talk about Kobe taking exception to the fact Wade has been considered the best 2 guard in the NBA the last 3-5 years and that Kobe has been living on reputation only by way of the West coast media.

Adds MORE drama to Sunday's game as you said.
I love it! should be fun :D

rey_1178 said:

I will say this last year I couldn't stand LeBron James and had a lot of respect for Dwayne Wade. I have done a 180 on both players, it has become national sport to dump on Lebron, it has become predictable and boring. Lebron singlehandedly saved that all-star game Sunday. Who cares about the ending, he would of got ripped for taking a 30 ft 3 pointer, so he passed. It's the freaking all-star game, who really cares. As for Dwayne Wade, I think he's a dink and escapes a lot of criticism because everyone is focusing on Lebron, he took no heat from the corporate NBA media for what he did to Rondo last year and now to Kobe in an all-star game. I guess his new name should be Teflon because nothing sticks to him Unlike LeBron who is a magnet.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I will say this last year I couldn't stand LeBron James and had a lot of respect for Dwayne Wade. I have done a 180 on both players, it has become national sport to dump on Lebron, it has become predictable and boring. Lebron singlehandedly saved that all-star game Sunday. Who cares about the ending, he would of got ripped for taking a 30 ft 3 pointer, so he passed. It's the freaking all-star game, who really cares. As for Dwayne Wade, I think he's a dink and escapes a lot of criticism because everyone is focusing on Lebron, he took no heat from the corporate NBA media for what he did to Rondo last year and now to Kobe in an all-star game. I guess his new name should be Teflon because nothing sticks to him Unlike LeBron who is a magnet.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

i hear what you're saying but i still feel he didn't do that on purpose. now with kobe i'm sure he was trying to foul him hard but i don't think he was trying to break his nose. i don't say this as a fan but base it on the fact that he has no history of this behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)