NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

I am really surprised with all the NBA "analysts" picking the Magic to win the east. Am I the only one who feels that Orlando downgraded with the loss of Turkolu(sp?) and the addition of Vince Carter, while the C's and Cavs added 'Sheed and Shaq. I think the East basically comes down to who has home court between those two.
LMAO@ MAGIC. They will finish 3rd in the east.

One game does not make a season.

IIRC, Cleveland was beaten by the Celtics last year in their opener- didn't exactly kill their season.

It's an 82-game season- there are six months to go.

HD- DO NOT PANIC!

The Phillies were beaten on opening day- now, they are defending their title.

P.S. Forgot to mention- consider the caliber of their opponent.

This isn't like losing to the Knicks or Thunder.

The Celtics are also regarded as one of this season's elite teams. Would anyone REALLY be shocked if the men in green were East Champs? I thought so.

OH BTW: The NBA Champs Los Angeles Lakers are getting their Rings as we speak.. Man gotta get the camera to post away LOL

The season couldn't have started any better for the C's, beating one of the NBA's elite teams on the road!

BTW, if it's even possible, LeBron looks even better this year! He was in midseason form!

I am setting the over/under on the Celtics clinching the Atlantic Division for March 1st.

Philly's the only other team in that division, IMO, that can stand upright without falling down.

Big Baby Davis is out for four to six weeks, recovering from thumb surgery earlier today, and Scalabrine is out with a twisted ankle. If the Celtics hadn't signed Wallace, who played over 20 minutes and was +10 while on the court, they would have lost, and if any one of their three surviving "bigs" gets injured, they will already be in trouble.

Its official now...

Attachments

• LAKERS 09.jpg
    LAKERS 09.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 66
Led by Agent 0's 29 points, the Wizards defeated the Mavs in Dallas, 102-91.

A lot of experts are calling the Wizards a sleeper team this year, but they play in a real tough division.

IMO, it's a toss-up between the Southeast (Magic, Hawks, Heat and Wizards), the Southwest (Spurs, Mavs, Hornets and Rockets) and the Northwest (Blazers, Nuggets and Jazz) for the league's toughest division this year.

Big Baby Davis is out for four to six weeks, recovering from thumb surgery earlier today...

More on Davis, from ESPN

According to the police report, officers found Davis at 4 a.m. Monday walking shirtless near a black SUV that had stopped in the middle of the road, less than one-quarter mile from his Waltham house. Davis told police he had gotten into a fight with Bridgewater, whom he identified as his "best friend since childhood," while driving back from a restaurant in Boston.

Davis' girlfriend and her friend were also in the car; the report said all four concurred that Bridgewater, who like Davis is from Baton Rouge, La., threw the first punch and the 6-foot-9, 289-pound forward retaliated, leaving Bridgewater with a fat lip and blood around the mouth and nose. Both Davis and Bridgewater refused medical attention, before Davis and his girlfriend walked home.

"I was defending myself," Davis told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview. "I wasn't just fighting. I feel like I let my team down by breaking my hand. I let my team down trying to defend myself. I have to make better decisions on how I choose my friends."

I am setting the over/under on the Celtics clinching the Atlantic Division for March 1st.

Philly's the only other team in that division, IMO, that can stand upright without falling down.

I agree that the Celtics will run away with the division, but I disagree that the Sixers are the only other team in the Atlantic that is any good.

The Raptors have improved themselves big time in the offseason, and should challenge for an Eastern playoff spot.

I agree that the Celtics will run away with the division, but I disagree that the Sixers are the only other team in the Atlantic that is any good.

The Raptors have improved themselves big time in the offseason, and should challenge for an Eastern playoff spot.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I guess I forgot about them- thanks for the reminder.

Geez where all the CAVS fans on opening night????? I thought they was all pumped that the season started today..

NBA is FANNNNNNtastic

BTW, watta great game tonight at Staples.. Clippers look good this season.
Doesn't this ring look good ??? Hells a YEA

Lakers09Ring.jpg

Game 1 Thoughs: Celtics @ Cavs

1. Great road win for the Celtics. The win snapped an 8-game losing streak at Cleveland. Congratulation to the Celtics and their fans on the big win.

2. The Celtics, with Garnett healthy and with the offseason acquisitions are the deepest team in the league. There is no debate about that. This is going to be one helluva force to be reckoned with down the stretch.

3. I knew going into the game there would be a lot of question marks. Namely how the team would respond with 2 new starters (Shaq & Parker). You can also tell Coach Mike Brown is still experimenting with his rotations. It was evident we missed our lock-down defender in Delonte West. Rondo and Allen were unguardable. Having West out there surely would've helped.

4. For those of you who continue to try and call out Cavs fans with your smack talk, I wish you'd grow up. The majority of us here enjoy discussing the finer points of the game "civilly". It's a shame some people don't have the class to do the same.

5. It's worth remembering the Cavs started 1-2 last season before winning an NBA best and team-record 66 games. Now, I'm not by any means expecting us to repeat that record breaking season of last year, but I am saying Championships aren't won in a single game.

6. For the record, Charles Barkley also thinks the Magic "improved" by the addition of Vince Carter. I just don't get how losing Hedu Turkaglu, Rafer Alston AND Courtney Lee = "improvement".

7. Despite the Cavs building an early lead, I could tell the offense looked out of sync. At times it didn't seem like they had any strategy on offense, a stark contrast from last year. This I'm concerned about. I hope it doesn't have to do with the fact their offensive coordination, John Kuester went to Detroit.

8. It shouldn't go without mention that LeBron was phenomenal and as Bill said, "in midseason form". 38 pts, 8 ast, 4 reb and 4 blocks! At the beginning of the game, he unveiled his ability to post up down low. I'm more than excited to have this new offensive attack method among his other bag of tricks.

9. In looking forward, this team has a brutal start to the season. 4 games in 5 days! Hopefully they can build seizable leads so they don't burn out LeBron or Shaq early on in the season.

10. The next time the Cavs and Celtics meet up will be Thursday February 25th at Boston. The game will also be on TNT. You can bet the Cavs have that game circled on their calendars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)