NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Lakers are the returning champs and looks like another year they will be on top. :D

The stars are aligned for a Cavs championship. I just hope Delonte Wild West doesn't miss too many games.

With the Indians and Browns struggling, us Clevelanders are looking forward to October 27th with great enthusiasm! Can't wait to see Shaq suit up for the first time as a Cav. This season should be fun!

All four Boston teams are considered championship contenders, but IMHO, it's the Celtics that have the best shot of the four to win a championship.

KG is reportedly healthy, they've added Rasheed Wallace and Marquis Daniels to the bench, and they resigned the emerging Glen "Big Baby" Davis.

KG, Pierce, Perk, Ray-Ray, Rondo, Sheed, Daniels, Baby and Eddie House is as good a front nine as any in the league.

Last year I picked the Cavs to win the championship.

This year? I see banner #18 hanging from the Garden rafters. :D

I think the Cavs can bounce back from their heartbreak of last year.

Reminds me of how the 2005 Colts and 1995-96 Red Wings failed to win it all in a year they were heavily favored to do so, but came back the next year to win it all.

It's Championship or bust for the Cavs this year.

We ran into the buzz saw that was the red hot Orlando Magic last year, but remember, this is a team coming off a NBA best 66 wins a season ago.

Oh, btw... we got better by adding more depth. Most notably: Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Daniel Green and a certain someone by the name of Big Bad Shaq Diesel!

With that said, the East will once again be a force to be reckoned with!

It's Championship or bust for the Cavs this year.

We ran into the buzz saw that was the red hot Orlando Magic last year, but remember, this is a team coming off a NBA best 66 wins a season ago.

Oh, btw... we got better by adding more depth. Most notably: Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Daniel Green and a certain someone by the name of Big Bad Shaq Diesel!

With that said, the East will once again be a force to be reckoned with!

ALL this means nothing because ONE bad injury to ANY of the BIG stars on ANY contending team can change EVERYTHING. ALOT of the EAST got better. Do NOT count out the Orlando Magic again. THEY are the reigning Eastern Conference Champs.

IF in a perfect world....if there were NO injuries. I cannot help to not see the same three.....Boston, Cleveland and Orlando. With the one with the best match-ups winning the East.

Shaq’s shack

Much has been made recently on where new Cavalier center, Shaquille O'Neal will live in NE Ohio. Well, it looks like he finally found a place. And it just so happens to be right next door to Indians HC, Eric Wedge!

Talk about a transition! One guy appears to be on his way out and the other is having his “welcoming party” this weekend.

Sources familiar with the search say O’Neal has rented a house in Richfield — not far from where LeBron James lives, a quick jaunt to the Cavs’ practice facility in Independence and a relatively easy commute downtown to the Q.

Shaq’s shack is a 7,000-square-foot crib with five bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths and an indoor basketball half-court, where he could play a little one-on-one with his neighbor, Indians manager Eric Wedge.

What is this? My team is not favorites, even after HD MM told me we wouldn't win it last year? :D

DeSean Stevenson gets a NECK TATTOO!

DeSean Stevenson is one of HD's favoite sports punching bags.

Well, I heard that he got some VERY odd tattoos.

DeShawn Stevenson neck tattoo gives props to Honest Abe

Stevenson.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This has the potential to be a running joke on here.

Delonte West Missing....

For the 2nd straight day, Delonte West has been a no show for the start of Cavaliers camp. It was well documented of his recent run in with the law and is supposedly attending to "personal issues."

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a distraction. This team does NOT need anything to derail the team's "one goal". In the past, Delonte has battled mental issues and personal problems. I just hope D-West gets his head straight soon.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4519794"]Delonte West absent from Cleveland Cavaliers for second straight day - ESPN[/ame]

For the 2nd straight day, Delonte West has been a no show for the start of Cavaliers camp. It was well documented of his recent run in with the law and is supposedly attending to "personal issues."

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a distraction. This team does NOT need anything to derail the team's "one goal". In the past, Delonte has battled mental issues and personal problems. I just hope D-West gets his head straight soon.

Delonte West absent from Cleveland Cavaliers for second straight day - ESPN

I just heard on the radio that West is not even talking calls from LeBron or any other teammates.

Excellent column by Terry Pluto.....

“It’s hard to imagine the Cavs repeating their 66-16 record of a year ago, or even their dominating 39-2 mark at home. Guys get hurt. The issues with West could linger, and that will mean more minutes for Daniel Gibson as the backup point guard — a spot where he sometimes struggles dribbling the ball up the court.

But this still may be the best Cavs team — ever.”

The game wasn't real, but the anticipation sure is for the Cavaliers: Terry Pluto | Terry Pluto: Plain Dealer Sports Columnist's Blog - cleveland.com - - cleveland.com

No offense to the Cavs, but I see very eerie similarities with them and the Dallas Mavericks of a few years ago.... A Great star, some real good players but just can't seem to get over that last hump.

Last year was a PERFECT example....BEST rescord in the NBA and didn't get to the Finals. Sound familiar....?

No offense to the Cavs, but I see very eerie similarities with them and the Dallas Mavericks of a few years ago.... A Great star, some real good players but just can't seem to get over that last hump.

Last year was a PERFECT example....BEST rescord in the NBA and didn't get to the Finals. Sound familiar....?

Nope, not at all actually. Because 2 years ago, we WERE in the NBA Finals. This team (besides Shaq) is still young.