NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Who knows...it's going to take years to recover from Isiah's mess... :rolleyes:

Sandra

Basketball teams can be rebuilt abruptly if they have cap room and if a couple of big name players want to play for the franchise offering the salary.

The Knicks payroll cap figure, which peaked at over $120 million a couple of years ago, is $84 million now but drops to as low as $22 million next year if Eddy Curry ($12 million) and Jared Jeffries ($6 million) do not exercise their player options. With $40 million in cap money available, as well as a mid level exemption, a bi-enniel exemption and a high draft pick available for NEXT season, the Knicks could put out a whole new team and contend with it in 2010-2011.

Last edited:
Hold up, I'm confused. Are you saying this years Magic team is better than last years team? :eek:

If so, I greatly disagree! The Magic lost their PF/SF/PG Hedo Turkoglu and traded away one of their most promising players for the lead singer of "Me First and The Gimmie-Gimmies", aka Vince Carter.

The only thing the Cavs did to improve on a leagues best 66 wins from a season ago was add Shaq, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon and Leon Powe.

If this team stays healthy, this may very well be the BEST Cavaliers team ever assembled. And that is no homer talk. That is the truth.

Have you watched the preseason games so far? Vince Carter has been passing and playing as a team player. We lost Hedo but gained Carter and Jameer Nelson is healthly, and of course Bass..

Not to mention this team now has more experiance. Howard has more experiance. This magic team is better then last years team.

That maybe the best Cavs team ever. But this certainly is one of if not the best Magic team ever. (Aside from maybe the shaq/hardaway/grant/scott/and of course #25... years)

Have you watched the preseason games so far? Vince Carter has been passing and playing as a team player. We lost Hedo but gained Carter and Jameer Nelson is healthly, and of course Bass..

Not to mention this team now has more experiance. Howard has more experiance. This magic team is better then last years team.

That maybe the best Cavs team ever. But this certainly is one of if not the best Magic team ever. (Aside from maybe the shaq/hardaway/grant/scott/and of course #25... years)

You didn't just use "preseason basketball" as your basis for judging VC did you? :eek:

I just think you guys lost more than what you gained, while other teams improved. Sure you're "more experienced", but so are the rest of the competing teams.

Hold up, I'm confused. Are you saying this years Magic team is better than last years team? :eek:

If so, I greatly disagree! The Magic lost their PF/SF/PG Hedo Turkoglu and traded away one of their most promising players for the lead singer of "Me First and The Gimmie-Gimmies", aka Vince Carter.

The only thing the Cavs did to improve on a leagues best 66 wins from a season ago was add Shaq, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon and Leon Powe.

If this team stays healthy, this may very well be the BEST Cavaliers team ever assembled. And that is no homer talk. That is the truth.

This IS the best Cavs team EVER on paper. There is NO REASON they should not win the whole damn thing....other than injuries.

This IS the best Cavs team EVER on paper. There is NO REASON they should not win the whole damn thing....other than injuries.

Agreed. At the same time, I'm not going to make any excuses for my team if they fall short of expectations. Everyone in this city and everyone on the team knows what's at stake. Anything less than a Championship will be a disappointment.

I can't wait! The NBA season tips off in a little over 2 weeks!

Agreed. At the same time, I'm not going to make any excuses for my team if they fall short of expectations. Everyone in this city and everyone on the team knows what's at stake. Anything less than a Championship will be a disappointment.

I can't wait! The NBA season tips off in a little over 2 weeks!

Ok, I know how much you hate the conversation, but IF they do not win the Championship...do you think Lebron will stay? Will he be AS PATIENT as MJ was and ride it out till the front office finds the right combination for them to win it all?

Ok, I know how much you hate the conversation, but IF they do not win the Championship...do you think Lebron will stay? Will he be AS PATIENT as MJ was and ride it out till the front office finds the right combination for them to win it all?

Let's just say this, I think there is MORE of a chance for him to stay if we win and LESS if we don't.

With that said, I still think he stays no matter what. If we don't win, I can see him having a chip on his shoulder in having some unfinished business. If we do win, I see him definitely staying for multiple championship runs.

Let's just say this, I think there is MORE of a chance for him to stay if we win and LESS if we don't.

With that said, I still think he stays no matter what. If we don't win, I can see him having a chip on his shoulder in having some unfinished business. If we do win, I see him definitely staying for multiple championship runs.

I agree....but I don't know if TODAYs athlete is as patient as those from past.

They still have to go through the Champs!!!! The Lakers!!!!

They still have to go through the Champs!!!! The Lakers!!!!

There's certainly A LOT of talent throughout the NBA. More talent around the league since the late 80's- mid-90's I think.

My only concern with the Lakers repeating lies with the ticking time-bomb, Ron Artest. That move will either blow up in their faces or will payoff in dividends. I guess we'll see....

Do not expect too much from Vince Carter. At this stage of his career he isn't much more than a glorified role player who will provide you some streaky scoring on occasion.

Sandra

There's certainly A LOT of talent throughout the NBA. More talent around the league since the late 80's- mid-90's I think.

My only concern with the Lakers repeating lies with the ticking time-bomb, Ron Artest. That move will either blow up in their faces or will payoff in dividends. I guess we'll see....
If anyone can control Ron Artest it is Phil Jackson(a coach that actually coaches, unlike Mike Brown). He will be a Rodman for the Lakers, and give them the toughness they were missing from Gasol. If Artest is not in check, Kobe and Phil will beat his ass

If anyone can control Ron Artest it is Phil Jackson(a coach that actually coaches, unlike Mike Brown). He will be a Rodman for the Lakers, and give them the toughness they were missing from Gasol. If Artest is not in check, Kobe and Phil will beat his ass

I agree....and Ron Artest was/is NOWHERE NEAR as much a problem child as Rodman, and I saw THAT 1st hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts