NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Nope, not at all actually. Because 2 years ago, we WERE in the NBA Finals. This team (besides Shaq) is still young.

LOL! IF you say so...but remember my WHOLE QUOTE:

....but I see very eerie similarities with them and the Dallas Mavericks of a few years ago.... A Great star, some real good players but just can't seem to get over that last hump.

LOL! IF you say so...but remember my WHOLE QUOTE:

....but I see very eerie similarities with them and the Dallas Mavericks of a few years ago.... A Great star, some real good players but just can't seem to get over that last hump.

We've been in the running for an NBA Championship for 2 years.

In 2007 we were happy just to be in the Championship.

In 2008 we had the best record but got eliminated early on a bad matchup, which exposed some weaknesses.

In 2009, we added some depth and are expected to grow and learn from the previous two years. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anything less than an NBA Championship will be a disappointment for this team this year. If we don't win this year, THEN you can start the Maverick comparisons. But right now is too soon.

We've been in the running for an NBA Championship for 2 years.

In 2007 we were happy just to be in the Championship.

In 2008 we had the best record but got eliminated early on a bad matchup, which exposed some weaknesses.

In 2009, we added some depth and are expected to grow and learn from the previous two years. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anything less than an NBA Championship will be a disappointment for this team this year. If we don't win this year, THEN you can start the Maverick comparisons. But right now is too soon.

Ask the Mavs fan and they will say the EXACT thing....

No offense to the Cavs, but I see very eerie similarities with them and the Dallas Mavericks of a few years ago.... A Great star, some real good players but just can't seem to get over that last hump.

Last year was a PERFECT example....BEST rescord in the NBA and didn't get to the Finals. Sound familiar....?

But there is a huge difference between Dirk Nowitzki and Lebron James. James is closer to Michael Jordan than he is Dirk Nowitzki.

The Mavs/Cavs comparisons end right there...

Sandra

But there is a huge difference between Dirk Nowitzki and Lebron James. James is closer to Michael Jordan than he is Dirk Nowitzki.

The Mavs/Cavs comparisons end right there...

Sandra

ONLY in the player...not in how the team is put together and where ended HOW they ended and where they were supposed to end...

ONLY in the player...not in how the team is put together and where ended HOW they ended and where they were supposed to end...

Again, the difference is the Cavs have Lebron, not Nowitzki. Cannot compare the two, so you cannot compare the teams.

Just give Lebron time, in my opinion he will get it done. As I said, he's much closer to Michael Jordan than Dirk Nowitzki, and Jordan did not win right away either. ;)

Sandra

Zydrunas Ilgauskas is Contemplating Retirement Following Season

Reports are circulating this morning that long time Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas is considering retirement upon the completion of the 2009-10 season.

“This [season] could be it,” Ilgauskas said. “I don’t know. … Injuries. Everything else. I’m not a spring chicken any more. So we’ll see how I feel [after the season]. I’ll decide how long I’m going to play after this year,” Ilgauskas said. “For me right now, the most important thing is winning.”

Over/Under on the # of days until the Cavs get there own thread : 12. I'll take the under...it might even be started by me. :)

Again, the difference is the Cavs have Lebron, not Nowitzki. Cannot compare the two, so you cannot compare the teams.

Just give Lebron time, in my opinion he will get it done. As I said, he's much closer to Michael Jordan than Dirk Nowitzki, and Jordan did not win right away either. ;)

Sandra

both teams have a super star, both teams had the NBAs best record and both teams were FAVORED to win it all...and both teams lost in the Finals and couldn't get over the hump...

I am not disputing that Lebron is WORLDs better that Dirk...that is not the point I am making and you are missing...

both teams have a super star, both teams had the NBAs best record and both teams were FAVORED to win it all...and both teams lost in the Finals and couldn't get over the hump...

I am not disputing that Lebron is WORLDs better that Dirk...that is not the point I am making and you are missing...

Let's not start another p****** match, OK?

Sure, there may be similarities between the Mavs and the Cavs. I get your point.

My point is that I believe BECAUSE Lebron is worlds better than Nowitzki, comparisons to Jordan's Bulls are more valid than to Nowitzki's Mavericks.

Sandra

Let's not start another p****** match, OK?

Sure, there may be similarities between the Mavs and the Cavs. I get your point.

My point is that I believe BECAUSE Lebron is worlds better than Nowitzki, comparisons to Jordan's Bulls are more valid than to Nowitzki's Mavericks.

Sandra

Not a pissing match at all.....there is no way you can compare Jordan and the Bulls to the Cavs with Lebron because of 1 thing....championships...the Cavs have none. Until they DO win them...and I do mean THEM....there is no comparison. For Lebron to ever be put in the Jordan and the Bulls category, he would HAVE TO win ATLEAST 4....

I am simpler, kinda Salsa....:D No more pissing contest....:heart:heart

By that definition every team who loses in the Finals are the Mavericks. I can't think of a team who makes it to the NBA Finals WITHOUT some sort of star.

Not a pissing match at all.....there is no way you can compare Jordan and the Bulls to the Cavs with Lebron because of 1 thing....championships...the Cavs have none. Until they DO win them...and I do mean THEM....there is no comparison. For Lebron to ever be put in the Jordan and the Bulls category, he would HAVE TO win ATLEAST 4....

Nobody is comparing Lebron or anybody with what Jordan accomplished in his career. You are correct, there is no comparison.

The comparison is Jordan BEFORE the championships. That's where I believe Lebron is right now.

Listen, you think Lebron may be at the Mavs stage a few years ago where they could never get over the hump. I think Lebron is at the EARLY Jordan stage, before the championships, where he will bring the team over the hump.

We each have our opinion and this will not be answered today, or even this year for that matter. Let's be kind and simple and wait five years to see what Lebron and the Cavs turn out to be, OK?

Sandra

cavs will lose to an even better magic team

Hold up, I'm confused. Are you saying this years Magic team is better than last years team? :eek:

If so, I greatly disagree! The Magic lost their PF/SF/PG Hedo Turkoglu and traded away one of their most promising players for the lead singer of "Me First and The Gimmie-Gimmies", aka Vince Carter.

The only thing the Cavs did to improve on a leagues best 66 wins from a season ago was add Shaq, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon and Leon Powe.

If this team stays healthy, this may very well be the BEST Cavaliers team ever assembled. And that is no homer talk. That is the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts