NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

It would behoove the Nets to win this week sometime, because their early December schedule is brutal. I checked the other teams schedules and none of the Nets opponents are in a back-to-back situation when they play the Nets until the end of Dec.

Bill, in 2007, you lived through a 18-game skid for the Celtics (though that was not from the start of the season).

How does a team go into such a funk?

It's hard to say. The next "winnable" game on their schedule, appears to be later this week at home against Charlotte.

The Bobcats will torch the Nets by 15-20. This Charlotte team is actually a pretty decent team as of late. Especially with the addition of Stephen Jackson. Oh, they also lead the league in team defense. That's right folks, the Charlotte Bobcats have allowed an NBA low 87.9 points per game to opposing offenses! :eek:

How was THIS not mentioned on this site?

LeBron James criticizes coach Mike Brown's failure to play Zydrunas Ilgauskas in record-setting game Saturday | Cleveland Cavaliers - cleveland.com -

My favorite quote: 'If you didn't want him to play, there were many ways for this accomplishment to be accomplished.'

HAHAHAHAHA!
This is my favorite LBJ quote:

What was on the line the day before yesterday was way bigger than us playing the Mavericks, and that was Z breaking the record to become the franchise leader in games played.
Are we talking about Ilgauskas, or Cal Ripken?? Shows how inconsequential these guys view the regular season....

This is my favorite LBJ quote:

Are we talking about Ilgauskas, or Cal Ripken?? Shows how inconsequential these guys view the regular season....

Ilgauskas had the opportunity to become the franchise leader in games played for the Cavs. This past Saturday Mike Brown had the chance to make this official by playing Ilgauskas, even for a single minute. Brown obviously chose not to play Big Z and opted for a smaller lineup against Dallas.

In the end we won, so that's what matters, but in the grande scheme of things, Brown should've honored the Big fellas tenure with this franchise and played Z. He's served his time and deserved to break the record on his home court. And besides, the Cavs won by 16, so you're telling me that in a blowout they couldn't find a way to get Z in there?

LeBron voicing his opinion on this matter was him just sticking up for his teammate.

We're not talking about a consecutive games played record here, right??

Couldn't LBJ have addressed this with Brown privately instead?? Seems to me this would be the type of thing better kept in-house....

We're not talking about a consecutive games played record here, right??

Couldn't LBJ have addressed this with Brown privately instead?? Seems to me this would be the type of thing better kept in-house....

No, not consecutive games played. Z was going for the most games EVER played in a Cavs uniform throughout a career. It was a significant deal to him and some fans.

And I don't consider LeBron's remarks a distraction. He was asked a question by a reporter and simply expressed his opinion. Big deal.

Old Footage to Remind You How Good NBA Fans Have it Now

Wardens pull Plax's playtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts