NBA Free Preview Now active

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
I dont know about other areas, but in my area, NBA Free preview will run from monday to monday. It's active now.

Should be active until 8am this coming monday (Jan. 29, 2007).

There are also 4 new iNDemand channels for NHL/MLB. Of course subject to blackout and/or alternate NHL programming.

Enjoy!

(Steve your slacking!)

I dont know about other areas, but in my area, NBA Free preview will run from monday to monday. It's active now.

Should be active until 8am this coming monday (Jan. 29, 2007).

There are also 4 new iNDemand channels for NHL/MLB. Of course subject to blackout and/or alternate NHL programming.

Enjoy!

(Steve your slacking!)

HEH Sorry, I've been working long hours... Youd think since storm season is gone, wed have a break but alas. their is always something to fix... Our headend is getting a nice makeover increaseing its space by about 3x the current levels.. Upgradeing all the hubs, and testing new methods so we can begin to setup new build areas with a Node+1 setup.. (this will put 1 node where 4 normally would be) Thus increaseing our BW greatly... and increaseing service quality for all customers.

khands, you are slipping. you didn't read that mlb extra innings is now an exclusive of directv? that sucks the big you-know-what!!!!!

HEH Sorry, I've been working long hours... Youd think since storm season is gone, wed have a break but alas. their is always something to fix... Our headend is getting a nice makeover increaseing its space by about 3x the current levels.. Upgradeing all the hubs, and testing new methods so we can begin to setup new build areas with a Node+1 setup.. (this will put 1 node where 4 normally would be) Thus increaseing our BW greatly... and increaseing service quality for all customers.

well that explains the slowness and delays for the past days with my internet lol, i just happened to check the rr network status site and they are doing a hub replacement and maintenance in the tampa bay area (obviously lol).believe me, not complaining but i was wondering before, but at least u guys making upgrades to make things better, so i respect that when will u guys finish? jw not hurrying you guys, im in saint pete (tampabay area)...if i may ask what exactly does this means (this is what it says on the network status) "REPLACING UPS'S AT HUB 11", im jw to learn what it is and what it does..well ill b around, thanks in advance, take it easy...

Last edited:
well that explains the slowness and delays for the past days with my internet lol, i just happened to check the rr network status site and they are doing a hub replacement and maintenance in the tampa bay area (obviously lol).believe me, not complaining but i was wondering before, but at least u guys making upgrades to make things better, so i respect that when will u guys finish? jw not hurrying you guys, im in saint pete (tampabay area)...if i may ask what exactly does this means (this is what it says on the network status) "REPLACING UPS'S AT HUB 11", im jw to learn what it is and what it does..well ill b around, thanks in advance, take it easy...

Well a UPS would be an "uniteruptable power supply" Its simpley the "power backup" of the system inside the hubs, incase a power outage happens it keeps things running before the generators kick in so you dont see any "flashing" of service.. That shouldnt affect your RR speeds though unless they are taking down routers as they insert new supplies....

I live in the Orlando Area so not really sure on your market as to what they are doing, But I am aware of a big annoucement in regards to RR speeds coming shortly down the pipeline at BHN Orlando...

Well a UPS would be an "uniteruptable power supply" Its simpley the "power backup" of the system inside the hubs, incase a power outage happens it keeps things running before the generators kick in so you dont see any "flashing" of service.. That shouldnt affect your RR speeds though unless they are taking down routers as they insert new supplies....

I live in the Orlando Area so not really sure on your market as to what they are doing, But I am aware of a big annoucement in regards to RR speeds coming shortly down the pipeline at BHN Orlando...

yea i pretty much knew what ups was, but wasnt sure if it was the same thing, but yea for the past days i have noticed the internet gone not so much slower but it hangs at times to times, especially overnight (thought i do kno they do more work at night than in the day), i kno i aint in orlando, but what speeds are u guys getting? i do kno even on this area they will upper their speeds but idk when and by how much, right now i have the 15.0 down and 2.0 up speed package...well thanks again. take care

yea i pretty much knew what ups was, but wasnt sure if it was the same thing, but yea for the past days i have noticed the internet gone not so much slower but it hangs at times to times, especially overnight (thought i do kno they do more work at night than in the day), i kno i aint in orlando, but what speeds are u guys getting? i do kno even on this area they will upper their speeds but idk when and by how much, right now i have the 15.0 down and 2.0 up speed package...well thanks again. take care

The 15/2 is our highest package as well, We do offer a "dedicated business access" with fiber to the location which can get upto 1gbit :) but that will cost some coin....

The 15/2 is our highest package as well, We do offer a "dedicated business access" with fiber to the location which can get upto 1gbit :) but that will cost some coin....

yea i got a brochure (did i spell that right? lol) about the 1 gps package also, but dint say the price, the site doesn't say either but i don't feel like calling for the info lol, u kno the price?, how is it that they can bring fiber to the business? i thought bhn was only fiber optic based within the system only? that means they can bring fiber all the way to the business/house/building now? if so thats kinda sweet. i wish they did fiber drop out to the houses instead of coax dropout at the end....

yea i got a brochure (did i spell that right? lol) about the 1 gps package also, but dint say the price, the site doesn't say either but i don't feel like calling for the info lol, u kno the price?, how is it that they can bring fiber to the business? i thought bhn was only fiber optic based within the system only? that means they can bring fiber all the way to the business/house/building now? if so thats kinda sweet. i wish they did fiber drop out to the houses instead of coax dropout at the end....

At least in Orlando im sure in other areas we are in the top 10 at least but in oraldno we have the largest fiber network in the city... Our fiber could wrap the planet if laid out straight.. and when it comes to service like our 1gbit fiber to the business... If you have to ask the price, you cant afford it.. Its not cheap, in the thousands per month range, and a nice setup fee...

At least in Orlando im sure in other areas we are in the top 10 at least but in oraldno we have the largest fiber network in the city... Our fiber could wrap the planet if laid out straight.. and when it comes to service like our 1gbit fiber to the business... If you have to ask the price, you cant afford it.. Its not cheap, in the thousands per month range, and a nice setup fee...

ill take your word for it on the price lol, at least for business it should not b that "bad", but at least its a nice setup for those who use it,me i am overall very happy with what i got :)...

Their expanding our center as well. I hear when they get done, that we will be going 24/7 full call center. Should be intersesting!

khands, i don't care if you have dish network at home, the baseball package now exclusively belongs to directv.

i don't like being forced to reactivate my account (along with cable) just to watch my reds this summer!!!

khands, i don't care if you have dish network at home, the baseball package now exclusively belongs to directv.

i don't like being forced to reactivate my account (along with cable) just to watch my reds this summer!!!

THE REDS@#$@#@#@ Holy hell, no wonder you get depressed during the MLB season :)

Wow, didnt mean to make you upset. Was just trying to point out in a round about way that baseball is not really my thing.

Next time I'll just say that. Sorry.

khands, sorry, i wasn't directing my anger toward you but to directv who doesn't care if tons of poor slobs like me can't watch major league baseball without their crappy service!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)