NBA League Pass/DirecTV - What is going on??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chibul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Last year, they had preseason games airing as of 10/10. I know this, because last year's schedule is still on DirecTV's website. This year? No new schedule, the channels aren't active, or anything. Can anyone point me to a proper schedule for the service? Just bought it, and am somewhat annoyed so far.

NBA Europe (as they are calling it) is not officially part of the pre-season as I read it. I think the pre-season starts Monday the 8th (I reserve the right to be wrong). However, there is no need to be annoyed as in reality ANY games shown before the regular season are gravy and not really included.

NBA.com Games for October

NBA Europe (as they are calling it) is not officially part of the pre-season as I read it. I think the pre-season starts Monday the 8th (I reserve the right to be wrong). However, there is no need to be annoyed as in reality ANY games shown before the regular season are gravy and not really included.

NBA.com Games for October

They were included last year, though, starting on 10/10. Check out the DirecTV schedule. That's the main reason I went ahead and ordered this early, because I'd like to check some of the young players out. I'm not going to flip out and demand my money back or anything...just curious as to what's going on, considering they were broadcasting more than a few preseason games last year from the get-go.

I likely has some to do with being out of the country for the games so far. But remember DirecTV just transmits what that can, the league would likely determine what make TV and what doesn't as it is their package.

Very true.

Since you seem to know about LP (this is my first season having it), are there a high number of games in HD on a nightly basis?

Well thee are few factors to consider this upcoming season for me:

This is the first full season with the new sats and the 5 LNB / MPEG4 setup so I am not sure how that may help us.

Unfortunately, I was hoping that the NBA would add a SuperFan package, but it looks like that is not going to happen.

They do have a decent HD lineup on the RSNs, NBA TV, EPSN and TNT and some on ABC.

The NBA's own HD sched is not out yet: NBA.com 2007-08 NBATVHighDef Schedule

You can also keep an eye out here, my preferred: HD Sports Guide - HDTV Sports Listings & News

i've had league pass before and i never remember pre-season games being part of the package.

i know nba-tv has aired preseason in the past, some in hd too, i believe as well as tnt.

Sorry, I was not trying to infer that pre-season games were part of the NBA Season Ticket package; just that a few games do show up, but should not be expected.

The actual comment should be that they are not an official advertised part of the package; basically any non-regular season games we get are pure gravy.

The games will likely show up tomorrow on NBA LP. I think that happened a couple of years ago. There were no pre-season games listed, and they just started a listing one or two days into the pre-season. I hope October 9 is the day. I think there are three or four games being carried on the RSNs. I don't have the Sports Pack on DTV, so I won't see them unless NBA and DTV clear them for LP.

DirecTV

Hello....

I signed up for DirecTV today. I signed up for the DirecTV Sports Pack which has the regional sports channels. Won't I be able to see the majority of the basketballs games on the regional channels WITHOUT getting the NBA package?

no the pro sports are blacked out on those RSN channels - I think league pass usually gives you the first week of the regular season free though and I've read here that you don't need league pass to get the NBA TV games

The NBA Channels are now up from 751-763, and something with "no title" is coming on 751 at 7:00 PM.

Well, the online schedules may not be up, but there's a total of 5 preseason games on tonight. Looks like tonight's the only night that has games listed so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)