NBA League Pass - Why so few games in HD?

cb4774

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
IL
I'm a big Lakers fan and I'm contemplating purchasing League Pass, however I have one major concern...the lack of games in HD. Tonight for example, only the game shown in HD is on NBATV (Cleveland @ Phoenix). I know that FSN West broadcasts Lakers games in HD, just curious if anyone knows why Dish isn't showing them (and other games) in HD when they are available.

Thanks.

I'm a big Lakers fan and I'm contemplating purchasing League Pass, however I have one major concern...the lack of games in HD. Tonight for example, only the game shown in HD is on NBATV (Cleveland @ Phoenix). I know that FSN West broadcasts Lakers games in HD, just curious if anyone knows why Dish isn't showing them (and other games) in HD when they are available.

Thanks.

They had a few HD games on the other day, but none last night.

Yeah it seems like you will get more HD games if you have D* instead of E*. They have more HD games listed in their NBALP schedule. You will also get the YES HD games, which E* seems to only show the SD version. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

Yeah, I don't think I will be getting LP either. I was thinking about it b/c I don't have a local NBA team, so no blackouts for me. With the addition of NBA TV HD (and the games on ESPN, ABC, and TNT), I think that will be enough NBA HD for me.

Good thing there are so many available NBAHD channels listed in the guide; according to the schedule the most HD games on any one night in November is three. Looks like I'll skip LP this year.

problem is E* does not have YES-HD, NESN-HD, MSG-HD, FSN-NY HD and FSN-Bay Area HD, so that's alot of HD games that Dish will not have in League Pass.

What's the deal with local RSN's only showing NBA and MLB team's home games in hd? I know that the home teams are broadcasting in hd, so why can't they do it as well. Every game, home or away, should be in hd, PERIOD!