NBA Lockout thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The owners got all the concessions... No doubt, but who had the tough talk of 'if the players do no accept the last offer, the next offer is 47-53 owners'...the players called their bluff...and the owners thought they would cave in.
So if the owners got all the concessions ,got the 50/50 deal they put on the table in the first place and said the offer wouldn't get any better,that doesn't look like anything else then the players caving and not the owners.if it was the other way i would be saying it.doesn't matter to me either way my friend.
Salsa , I understand you side with the players.I have no side and no interest. Listen to yourself here for a second.why would the offer go worse when the players decided to take it to court? Negotiations were done at that point so it wouldn't have made any sense to continue to put offers on the table.so I don't see what bluff the players called here.honestly,just going with what's being reported everywhere and not my opinion.remember that.my opinion is not valid here since I wasn't there nor involved in any other way.

Last edited:
rey_1178 said:
So if the owners got all the concessions ,got the 50/50 deal they put on the table in the first place and said the offer wouldn't get any better,that doesn't look like anything else then the players caving and not the owners.if it was the other way i would be saying it.doesn't matter to me either way my friend.
Salsa , I understand you side with the players.I have no side and no interest. Listen to yourself here for a second.why would the offer go worse when the players decided to take it to court? Negotiations were done at that point so it wouldn't have made any sense to continue to put offers on the table.so I don't see what bluff the players called here.honestly,just going with what's being reported everywhere and not my opinion.remember that.my opinion is not valid here since I wasn't there nor involved in any other way.

The owners had stated...as well as Stern himself, that if the players did not take the deal at 50-50, the next offer would be worse, somewhere in the 47-53 range...owners advantage. The players said no. Not expected by the owners. Then the players file not one but TWO anti-trust lawsuits AND disbanded the union.

Fact...not opinion so far.

Now I am not denying that the players, as in the last CBA, conceded consessions. They had to. And not denying that the fact that the players missing paychecks made it urgent for them to strike a deal.

But you are telling me that the fact the owners being threaten by lawsuits that could cost them billions and lose their anti-trust exemption status had NOTHING to do with bringing the owners back to the table? And that the only reason the deal got done was because the players were missing paychecks?

Wow...Ok...if you say so.

It has nothing to do with it because if it did you wouldn't have at least 10 stubborn owners wanting to take this all the way through courts and everything.that is also being reported by espn,NBA tv and so on.I told you already in private and now in public since you want to go down this route with me that I AIN'T ARGUING THIS WITH YOU! Got it?

The owners had stated...as well as Stern himself, that if the players did not take the deal at 50-50, the next offer would be worse, somewhere in the 47-53 range...owners advantage. The players said no. Not expected by the owners. Then the players file not one but TWO anti-trust lawsuits AND disbanded the union.

Fact...not opinion so far.

Now I am not denying that the players, as in the last CBA, conceded consessions. They had to. And not denying that the fact that the players missing paychecks made it urgent for them to strike a deal.

But you are telling me that the fact the owners being threaten by lawsuits that could cost them billions and lose their anti-trust exemption status had NOTHING to do with bringing the owners back to the table? And that the only reason the deal got done was because the players were missing paychecks?

Wow...Ok...if you say so.

rey_1178 said:
It has nothing to do with it because if it did you wouldn't have at least 10 stubborn owners wanting to take this all the way through courts and everything.that is also being reported by espn,NBA tv and so on.I told you already in private and now in public since you want to go down this route with me that I AIN'T ARGUING THIS WITH YOU! Got it?

Rey...do you honestly think if close to half of the owners wanted to take this to court, they wouldn't have? And do you really think they would admit they they were afraid of possibly losing these lawsuits? Lead by the major egos that consist MJ and Dan Gilbert ?

I am not arguing Rey, this is a discussion that I am bringing out everything.

You being a latino in Miami, you should know the difference between arguing and a discussion? ;)

I wonder how much the networks (BIG MONEY) figured in getting this deal done,,,Anyone know what kind of contracts/commitments they have with the NBA as far as games schueled and penalites if they don't deliver?

LQQK said:
I wonder how much the networks (BIG MONEY) figured in getting this deal done,,,Anyone know what kind of contracts/commitments they have with the NBA as far as games schueled and penalites if they don't deliver?

I think that that too had a huge impact. I am positive the networks lawyers knew that a CBA issue was due when they signed the latest agreement.

That's why I left Miami :D

Rey...do you honestly think if close to half of the owners wanted to take this to court, they wouldn't have? And do you really think they would admit they they were afraid of possibly losing these lawsuits? Lead by the major egos that consist MJ and Dan Gilbert ?

I am not arguing Rey, this is a discussion that I am bringing out everything.

You being a latino in Miami, you should know the difference between arguing and a discussion? ;)

Thank God the lockout is over, I didn't want to watch the NHL and Pierre McGuire all the time!!

LOL whatcha got against Pierre? He knows hockey and unlike most announcers knows something about where these guys played before they came to the NHL...major junior, college, Europe, etc.

Sandra

I'm thinking if the owners and players stopped fighting this battle, there is no need to keep fighting the battle in here... ;)

Let's just be glad we have basketball!

Sandra

LOL ok you're wording then...a 'difference of opinion' is still going on here...AFTER it was settled in the NBA!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)