SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Shocked KG didn't take a big paycut to help the team with rebuilding

Sent from my iPhone

Shocked KG didn't take a big paycut to help the team with rebuilding

Sent from my iPhone

I do not think anyone would want him as much as the Celtics would....both financially and in the locker room. Not because he is a bad teammate but how much it would take financially for him to leave the team he really wants be on...the Celtics.

salsadancer7 said:
I do not think anyone would want him as much as the Celtics would....both financially and in the locker room. Not because he is a bad teammate but how much it would take financially for him to leave the team he really wants be on...the Celtics.

I'm just saying I'm surprised he took so much money. He's worth it, but a lot of guys would have settled for less to help the team compete, and the Celtics had been saying money was the biggest obstacle in keeping the big three together

Sent from my iPhone

Lkr said:
I'm just saying I'm surprised he took so much money. He's worth it, but a lot of guys would have settled for less to help the team compete, and the Celtics had been saying money was the biggest obstacle in keeping the big three together

Sent from my iPhone

What can you say, the guy loves being a Celtic.

Garnett took a big pay cut, and if the team needs to "restructure" his contract to add a key player, there is no bar to him agreeing to that, but for right now, he doesn't know exactly how the cap situation will play out because it will depend on whether the Celtics sign Jeff Green or Cliff Wilcox and if they do, how that might impact on the salary cap and luxury tax exposure.

Ray Allen going to the Heat would make the Heat and give them a great chance of repeat :)

Garnet took a paycut, and smart for Boston to do this, he would have had a huge cap hold, which stays on the cap and basically reduces the cap room unless rights are renounced. So same goes for Ray Allen.

My Rockets are shopping Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Kevin Martin. Martin is an expiring deal, Scola has 3 yrs left and Lowry 2 yrs left. Scola's last yr isn't fully guaranteed, same with Lowry.

Looks like Blake Griffin has accepted the Clippers team option and Chris Paul has not.

Things are getting interesting...

cosmo_kramer said:
According to ESPN, Dwight Howard has asked to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets...

The diva act he has put up, getting his coach AND GM fired, is the worst I have seen in the last 20 years.

cosmo_kramer said:
According to ESPN, Dwight Howard has asked to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets...

Wait 15 minutes, he will change his mind :)

Looks like Joe Johnson is headed to the Nets, if that happens Dwight Howard will not be going there. LOL.

Dwight Howard has made Carmelo and Lebron look like PR geniuses.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hart5150 said:
Looks like Joe Johnson is headed to the Nets, if that happens Dwight Howard will not be going there. LOL.

Dwight Howard has made Carmelo and Lebron look like PR geniuses.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Makes you think... 'what the hell was Atlanta thinking' a couple of years when they paid him max money..

For all the bashing LeBron got for his decision, he handled it better than Dwight.

Didn't go public with 'I wanna go here!' or say out loud he wanted to leave Cleveland.

And at least LeBron MADE a decision. Dwight's indecision is looking way worse- he's already angered Orlando in multiple ways more than LeBron did Cleveland.

another big difference is that lebron was a free agent while howard is still under contract. just like carmelo and chris paul were also under contract. we said it when the magic gave this guy an extension that they would regret it.

Does the nets picking up Johnson mean they are not interested in Howard, will they still be able pick him up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)