NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the nets picking up Johnson mean they are not interested in Howard, will they still be able pick him up?

i doubt they'll be able to. i have no idea what the nets are thinking trading for johnson under that huge over paid contract. i can't blame the nets wanting to move on from howard since he only complicated things further when he could've been a free agent right now. but johnson?

i doubt they'll be able to. i have no idea what the nets are thinking trading for johnson under that huge over paid contract. i can't blame the nets wanting to move on from howard since he only complicated things further when he could've been a free agent right now. but johnson?

I have been told from a good friends that covers Sports in NY that the Howard deal basically needs Brook Lopez to sign a deal for a sign-n-trade:

Brook Lopez, Chris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, 3 #1s(2013, 2015 and 2016).

As far as the NETS...they are desperate..they NEED to fill bodies in that NEW stadium with some BIG names. That rich as hell Russian does not give a crap about luxury tax.

BillD1984 said:
The Celtics just signed Jason Terry to a three year contract.

Good. If Rey Allen wants to drag his feet than cya. If you don't want to be part of the one of greatest franchises in North America, than thanks for the memories. But, you'll never be Pierce or Garnett in Celtic lore.

Hart5150 said:
Good. If Rey Allen wants to drag his feet than cya. If you don't want to be part of the one of greatest franchises in North America, than thanks for the memories. But, you'll never be Pierce or Garnett in Celtic lore.

I know you are disappointed but you cannot blame him....

BillD1984 said:
I can and I will! At this stage of his career it shouldn't be about making every last dime, it should be about his legacy.

His legacy is set...you know that. I went through the same thing when in a different sport, Marcus Allen left the Raiders for the hated Chiefs... these players earned their right as well as teams have a right to persue other players. Boston just signed Jason Terry...he saw his minutes were limited.

His legacy is set...you know that.

I do? :confused:

I was referring to his legacy with Pierce and Garnett, two players that he will be forever linked with. There's no question Ray is a first ballot HOFer, no matter who he signs with, but another title run with PP and KG would cement his spot in Celtics lore.

BTW, I'm not convinced that Ray is gone....Terry or no Terry. ;)

we'll gladly take him ;) :)

I have been told from a good friends that covers Sports in NY that the Howard deal basically needs Brook Lopez to sign a deal for a sign-n-trade:

Brook Lopez, Chris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, 3 #1s(2013, 2015 and 2016).

As far as the NETS...they are desperate..they NEED to fill bodies in that NEW stadium with some BIG names. That rich as hell Russian does not give a crap about luxury tax.

Both Lopez and Humphries would need to sign deals to be traded, both are FAs. I also heard they(Nets) want Humphries back.

Just heard, Gordon signs offer sheet with Phoenix.

Chris Broussard ?@Chris_Broussard

Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns agree to a Maximum Offer sheet worth $58 million over 4 years, sources said.

JUCJ85 said:
Both Lopez and Humphries would need to sign deals to be traded, both are FAs. I also heard they(Nets) want Humphries back.

Very true, that is why I heard a sign and trade. Humphreys want OUT of the metropolitan area...which is what I am hearing. He cannot deal with the media butting into his professional and private life, being former Mr. Kardashian and all that jazz.

The Atlanta Hawks, by getting rid of Joe Johnson's contract (I could buy enough ice cream to last a lifetime on that!) are already an offseason winner.

Very true, that is why I heard a sign and trade. Humphreys want OUT of the metropolitan area...which is what I am hearing. He cannot deal with the media butting into his professional and private life, being former Mr. Kardashian and all that jazz.

Makes sense. Wonder what they(Lopez and Humphries) would sign in terms of length and money wise. Howard makes $19.6M this year.

$27 Million over 3 years according to Rotoworld.com for Nash.

And Jeremy Lin was offered a 4yr $30M deal by Houston, would be similar to Omer Asik and Landry Fields' deals, small in 1st 2 years and large in 3rd and 4th years. Making it tough to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)