NBA Off Season

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Thought I would start this because it is the beginning of the FA season.

As everyone knows, it is "panic" season down here because of the possibility of DWade leaving. He wants money, he has taken quite a few pay cuts to help the team..and I think he is due SOME of that money. He has done ALOT for the franchise. BUT at the same token, he has a history of injuries lately and paying him what he WOULD LIKE would set back the franchise for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

No one is right OR wrong on the stance.

Reactions: Rey
What should ALSO be interesting is what happens to LaMarcus Aldridge. IF the rumors are true and he ends up with the Mavericks, that makes that team VERY interesting out of the West.

Interesting. Ok, I'll bite.. you say this because....?
Basically because of how he got away with tampering back in 2010 when both Lebron and Bosh left their teams to join the heat. Then that disgraceful display when they all came dancing out of the fog. And recently some of his remarks and attitude that apparently totally pissed Lebron off. He is just not a likeable guy.

Basically because of how he got away with tampering back in 2010 when both Lebron and Bosh left their teams to join the heat. Then that disgraceful display when they all came dancing out of the fog. And recently some of his remarks and attitude that apparently totally pissed Lebron off. He is just not a likeable guy.

What, you don't think OTHER GMs don't send their players to recruit other players to come to their team??!! LMAO! Please tell me you are not THAT naive to think this? This happens in every single professional sports league and team everywhere. The so-called "display" was to introduce the new core of the Heat back then. Do you think he also wrote the script for what Lebron was to going to say too? And what did he say to Lebron that was so bad? Lebron ran home to a franchise he can dictate and run like his own. More power to him. He got star treatment down here, but he wanted OWNER treatment where HE could run the franchise. That was not gonna happen down here.

And finally, send an email to the papers calling Lebron a "coward" for leaving from YOUR Cavs owner was in good taste? PLEASE! Riley is not here to be liked, he is here to put together championship teams....that is what the fans want down here, not an invitation to dinner at the Riley household.

What, you don't think OTHER GMs don't send their players to recruit other players to come to their team??!! LMAO! Please tell me you are not THAT naive to think this? This happens in every single professional sports league and team everywhere. The so-called "display" was to introduce the new core of the Heat back then. Do you think he also wrote the script for what Lebron was to going to say too? And what did he say to Lebron that was so bad? Lebron ran home to a franchise he can dictate and run like his own. More power to him. He got star treatment down here, but he wanted OWNER treatment where HE could run the franchise. That was not gonna happen down here.

And finally, send an email to the papers calling Lebron a "coward" for leaving from YOUR Cavs owner was in good taste? PLEASE! Riley is not here to be liked, he is here to put together championship teams....that is what the fans want down here, not an invitation to dinner at the Riley household.
I do agree with much of what you say, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. After all, I am a Clevelander and you are from Florida, possibly Miami.:hiding

I do agree with much of what you say, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. After all, I am a Clevelander and you are from Florida, possibly Miami.:hiding

Not Pooh-poohing on your opinion. But I look at Lebron being Miami in a more practical sense than most. Do we hate him leaving the Heat, hell yeah. Do we think it is hypocritical as all hell that he went back to someone who called him a coward nationally? Yep. Do we think Cavs fans as being hypocrites as well because when he left, they not only burned jerseys...but sent him death threats, made urinal cakes in his likeness and stated publicly that they hope and never want him back again? Yep. There was some that burned jerseys down here when he left. But in his first game back, he received a standing ovation for helping the team get to the NBA Finals 4 times and winning two as well as a video montage by the Heat organization of his years here.

What did Lebron get when he played his first game back in Cleveland?

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe Wade would go to the Cavs becaue they have no money. They would not only have to not resign Love(which they need more than Wade), but they have a few more of their own FA to sign.

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe Wade would go to the Cavs becaue they have no money. They would not only have to not resign Love(which they need more than Wade), but they have a few more of their own FA to sign.
Problem solved
Kevin Love reportedly opts out of final contract year to become free agent
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/24/8839939/kevin-love-free-agent-opt-out-cavaliers-nba-2015

Seriously,if the Cavs did sign Wade,he's just as injury proned as Irving. I highly doubt that either could last a season injury free.

All indications are that Love will resign a one year max deal with the Cavs, then opt out again after next season to take advantage of the big extra money available from the new tv deal. Lebron will be doing the same thing in the next couple of days. Smart money move on their part. This has actually been their plan for the past year. As far as Wade is concerned, we certainly don't need another injury prone player. We already have enough of those. The only way I would want Wade would be as a back-up to Irving. But that sure as hell won't happen.

All indications are that Love will resign a one year max deal with the Cavs, then opt out again after next season to take advantage of the big extra money available from the new tv deal. Lebron will be doing the same thing in the next couple of days. Smart money move on their part. This has actually been their plan for the past year. As far as Wade is concerned, we certainly don't need another injury prone player. We already have enough of those. The only way I would want Wade would be as a back-up to Irving. But that sure as hell won't happen.

I would not be surprised if Love signs a one year, but I say him coming back to the Cavs is 50-50. HIS ego wants to be the main focal point on a team, he is option #3 on the current Cavs team. There are other teams(Boston, Phoenix) that can offer more or less the same money, but he TOO wants to go "home" to LA.

As far as Wade is concerned, he, when healthy, is still one of the top 4 or 5 two guards in the NBA. He is NOT a point guard. And HIS EGO would not allow himself to come off the bench ANYWHERE. If he went to the Lakers, as some have possible suggested, more than likely, Kobe would move to the 3 spot. The spot he ould b heading to is Chicago because Butler has opted out and I do not know if they will pay him a 5 year max contract if they can give Wade something close to max for only 3 years.

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst:

@WindhorstESPN: LeBron James has notified the Cavs he will opt out of his contract and become a free agent, sources told ESPN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One in the books...and one almost there.

Heat and Dragic have to an agreement on a 5 year, $90 million dollar deal. Best part of the news is there was a fear that he would be demanding the ma at $108 million. This now opens up some more money for Wade. on the Wade front, it has already been reported that various GMs do not feel there will be a market for DWade in the max money or anything close to it due to his age or health concerns. The will help the Heat a ton. The rumor contract offer is 3 year, $51 million deal(20+ in year one, 17+ in year two and 14+ in year three). The Heat are rumored to be possibly trading Bob McBob, Chalmers or Anderson contracts in order to not get nailed so heavily in luxury tax.

DWade signs a 1 year $20 million deal with the Heat. That is back pay for service and a hope on his behalf he can have a monster year and stay healthy. Basically, betting on himself. The OTHER interesting new item in the FA waters, guess who Riley is having dinner with, LaMarcus Aldridge. WHHHAAAAA?!

IF the Heat pull off bringing in Aldridge??!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)