Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
According to the AP, Karl Malone has been suspending for the elbow to Nash's kisser last night.
Karl Malone will not play Sunday against his former team, the Utah Jazz, after being suspended for one game by the NBA for elbowing Dallas guard Steve Nash in the head.

The penalty was announced Friday by NBA vice president Stu Jackson after he reviewed videotape of Malone's thrown elbow, which came early in the third quarter of the Lakers' 114-103 victory on Thursday night.

Malone will sit out the game against the Jazz in Los Angeles on Sunday, only the 11th game he will have missed in his 19-year career -- seven because of suspensions; four due to injuries.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-malonesuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'm glad the league finally did something about his elbows. I cringe everytime he plays against the Kings, because I'm scared he's going to really hurt someone.

The thing that bothers me the most is that he throws them intentionally. I counted no less than 5 elbows at Peja's head during the playoffs last year, but Peja has learned to avoid them. Still, he is a dirty player, and I wish he'd hurry and retire before he really hurts someone.

Yep, that is the one part of Malone's game that I never really liked. I thought he might of mellowed some now that he is 40, but maybe not. Well, when he played against certain teams/players I never minded :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts