NBA TV & NHL Network in HD in Multi Sports Package?

illusionescape

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Houston, TX
For those who currently subscribe to the Multi Sports Package, are NBA TV and NHL Network provided in HD? The reason I ask is because I currently subscribe to the TurboHD Platinum package just to get these two channels. I would be willing to drop the package and subscribe to the Multi Sports Package (because it is cheaper), to get these two channels, but only if they are shown in HD.

That's why it's not called 'MultiSport Package HD'. There is nothing that implies you will receive the HD version of those channels.

That's why it's not called 'MultiSport Package HD'. There is nothing that implies you will receive the HD version of those channels.

Then explain my 2nd and 3rd RSN's I get with multi=sports pack. I get both HD and SD. I get all the HD versions of all channels in the MSP but NBA-TV.

I believe you get NBA-thats what i was told by a sales rep. I had Turbo gold and the sports pack and the NBA was on but not NHL. I had to add platinum to get NHL. If you look at the website Ch 9508 is listed on the sports pack-that is NBA HD

NHL HD and NBA TV use to be a part of the multi-sports package. But was the removed. If you have the NHL center Ice PPV package you will receive NHL HD and the same goes with NBA League Pass NBA TV HD.

So then by that logic we shouldn't expect to get any HD channels just because we get the SD version? Pretty much every TV provider under the sun gives you the HD versions of any SD channel you have if you have HD service, it's absurd that Dish is ditching that just for these 2 channels. If I'm missing any others like this let me know, I'm just not aware of this happening in any other situation. Also, last time I checked I was getting all of the HD RSNs when there's not pro content on them, so it is indeed the "MultiSport Package HD" except for NBA TV and NHL Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts