NBC DVB-S2 Feeds on AMC1 Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found some time just before my evening activities, and I did move it closer to the centre. I saw a few percentage points jump in the signal quality I believe, but nothing major. But everything is locked in place now.

Next thing might be to try out a C-band LNB with a conical scalar ring!

Glad you got a bit extra, will help when the signal drops due to the usually causes of signal fluctuation. I know when I moved my 103 closer to the centre I gained enough that it virtually eliminated the dropout/pixelation I had been getting every now and again.

I tweaked the dish using the motor as well late last night, going 2 increments total (1 at a time) to the east, and I have no pixilation / dropouts on the East and Central channels anymore - which have the lowest quality out of the bunch. I can't wait to see Sunday Night Football on NBC via these feeds - the first preseason game for them is this Sunday with the Chargers taking on the Cowboys.

Are these NBC feeds still available on 103? For some reason, they won't come in anymore for me. I read that the Pentagon Channel did move, but I tried scanning other channels in too, like the Huntington Beach webcams, and it was no go for me (the non-NBC channels used to come in even though the LNB had a strange skew).

I believe the NBC C-Band feeds were always on 105, but there were some Ku ones that I can no longer get.

I heard AMC 1 was being replaced soon, as they launched SES-3 on July 15th . But I also read that SES-3 won't be ready to be fully operational until next year... maybe it's sooner than that?

I believe the NBC C-Band feeds were always on 105, but there were some Ku ones that I can no longer get.
Well, Lyngsat shows many, many NBC feeds on 103. Nothing listed as "free." But I have picked up stations that are not listed as free. Even some that show scrambled but still come in. So, it is what actually get.

RT.

Yeah, Lyngsat is not always up to date, even though it is a good resource.

I bet it is because the new satellite is moving into place that nothing comes in right now on AMC 1.

Yeah, Lyngsat is not always up to date, even though it is a good resource.

I bet it is because the new satellite is moving into place that nothing comes in right now on AMC 1.

Not having any problem here getting the usual channels on 103 (NBC muxes, Huntington Beach, etc.), and haven't had any problem at all these past few days. (Replied the same a couple of days ago on another thread to you that you must have missed.)

Well, I do see a jump in signal strength when I rotate to that bird and use the tp for the Huntington Beach webcams, but I get 0 quality. But the same LNB gets other satellites fine when I rotate the dish. Strange.

Well, I do see a jump in signal strength when I rotate to that bird and use the tp for the Huntington Beach webcams, but I get 0 quality. But the same LNB gets other satellites fine when I rotate the dish. Strange.

Could be a motor setting problem (receiver lost the setting, glitch, or some other problem). When you blind scan, does anything come in that could tell you whether you are on the correct satellite, or it is pointing to another satellite, or off the arc?

Well, I finally got 103 to come back in. First of all, it was showing up as 119 when trying to scan it. I have no idea why it would (maybe due to the other offset LNB's)? Then when I was set with my one receiver, I would switch to the other receiver, and things would rotate slightly on me, and it would lose the signal. Once I realized this, I made sure the motor didn't move at all when going to the receiver capable of doing DVB-S2, and things work now.

Well, I finally got 103 to come back in. First of all, it was showing up as 119 when trying to scan it. I have no idea why it would (maybe due to the other offset LNB's)? Then when I was set with my one receiver, I would switch to the other receiver, and things would rotate slightly on me, and it would lose the signal. Once I realized this, I made sure the motor didn't move at all when going to the receiver capable of doing DVB-S2, and things work now.

Glad you got it working again.

Now I'm about to try and set up a dish on 103. I'm using a 1 m dish that I recently got and I do want to know the skew setting. Is it 25 degrees CW or what? It will be pointing at only that sat and I'm going to be putting a .9 m dish on 125 for PBS. I get tired of the junk that local stations put over top of the pictures. Have deseq switch for it.

Now I'm about to try and set up a dish on 103. I'm using a 1 m dish that I recently got and I do want to know the skew setting. Is it 25 degrees CW or what? It will be pointing at only that sat and I'm going to be putting a .9 m dish on 125 for PBS. I get tired of the junk that local stations put over top of the pictures. Have deseq switch for it.

Easiest way is to use the same skew at your location that you would use for H2 (74) (and then adjust from there).

Go to dishpointer or wherever, and find out the skew at your location for H2 (74) and use that for 103.

OK I thought you had meant to set it on 74 then repoint to 103. Where I have it that wasn't possible. BTW for those that wonder why NBC stations have no problems w/ the bird they use a 12ft dish dedicated to the sat and it is directly controlled by NBC headquaters. So if the bird drifts or skews a bit the computer that controls all the NBC dishes auto retunes all the dishes for each different area. I have at times stood & watched NBC do it's test on the dish. It is really strange to be watching the dish just start moving for no reason in the middle of the afternoon during syndi time. They do it something like monthly. To make sure that both the az & el motors are working and tracking correctly.

I think officially it's a 26 degree skew from how the 103 LNB should be. I went 7 degrees CW from zero based on where I am (southern Ontario), as I didn't have a dedicted LNB setup for 103 initially (just a motor that could tune the main LNB to there). You could try something around 7 degrees from 0 as well.

You can try and check tp 11943 (the Huntington Beach webcams) first to see if you're pointed correctly at 103, and then skew things to try and get the NBC mux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)