SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
NBC Focuses on 9 p.m. for New Fall Schedule

Network Will Keep 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Blocks Stable

By Christopher Lisotta

On Monday, NBC is starting with its returning game show performer "Deal or No Deal" at 8 p.m., followed by NBC Universal Television Studios' super hero drama "Heroes" and "Medium," which stays put in its time period.

Tuesday kicks off with the NUTS/Imagine football drama "Friday Night Lights" at 8 p.m., and Sony's "Kidnapped" at 9p.m. "Law & Order: SVU" remains at 10 p.m.

On Wednesday the third installment of "The Biggest Loser" replaces what has most recently been a third "Deal" time period at 8 p.m. NBC is going with a 9p.m. comedy block of Warner Bros.' "Twenty Good Years," and the NUTS/Broadway Video comedy "30 Rock" written by and starring "Saturday Night Live's" Tina Fey.

Current 9p.m.comedy block "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" moves up an hour to 8 p.m., while Warner Bros.' "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" debuts at 9 p.m. "ER" stays at 10 p.m. until January, when the NUTS family crime drama "The Black Donnellys" debuts at 10p.m. When "Donnellys" completes its episodes "ER" will return for the remainder of the season, allowing for all originals in the time period for 2006-07.

The network also has several shows as backups. NBC has full season, 22-episode orders for drama "Crossing Jordan" and comedy "Scrubs," plus a 13 episode order for 20th Century Fox's "Single's Table" and a 6 episode order for "Andy Barker, P.I.: from executive producer Conan O'Brien starring Andy Richter.

Sundays in January start with "Dateline" at 7 p.m., the second installment of summer series "America's Got Talent" at 8 p.m. "The Apprentice" is being held for the midseason for what will become a single season event at 9p.m. NUTS's drama "Raines" starring Jeff Goldblum premieres at 10 p.m.

Canceled shows include the second season "Joey," veteran reality series "Fear Factor" and first years "Surface," "E-Ring" "Conviction" and "Teachers." "Fear Factor" will run through this summer but won't return come fall.

NBC's new fall schedule:

Monday: "Deal or No Deal," "Heroes," "Medium"

Tuesday: "Friday Night Lights," "Kidnapped," "Law & Order: SVU"

Wednesday: "The Biggest Loser," "20 Good Years," "30 Rock," "Law & Order"

Thursday: ""My Name is Earl," "The Office," "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," "ER"

Friday: "Deal or No Deal," "Las Vegas," "Law & Order: Criminal Intent"

Saturday: "Dateline," drama repeats

Sunday: NFL football

Sunday midseason schedule: "Dateline," "America's Got Talent," "The Apprentice," "Raines"

Shows in backup position: "Crossing Jordan," "Scrubs," "Single's Table," "Andy Barker, P.I."

"Canceled shows include the second season "Joey," veteran reality series "Fear Factor" and first years "Surface," "E-Ring" "Conviction" and "Teachers." "Fear Factor" will run through this summer but won't return come fall."

Damn I did not read carefully. It was canceled. What a dissapointment. It was a great show as well as E-Ring. NBC sucks....

The whole premise of surface was very promising. I hope sci-fi or someone else picks it up. Earl, law&order and ER I still watch.

NBC's revised fall schedule:

Monday

8 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"

9 p.m. "Heroes"

10 p.m. "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (new day and time)

Tuesday

8 p.m. "Friday Night Lights"

9 p.m. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (new day and time)

10 p.m. "Law & Order: SVU"

Wednesday

8 p.m. "20 Good Years" (new time)

8:30 p.m. "30 Rock" (new time)

9 p.m. "The Biggest Loser" (new time)

10 p.m. "Kidnapped" (new day and time)

Thursday

8 p.m. "My Name Is Earl"

8:30 p.m. "The Office"

9 p.m. "Deal or No Deal" (new day and time)

10 p.m. "ER" ("The Black Donnellys" in January 2007)

Friday

8 p.m. "Crossing Jordan" (new day and time)

9 p.m. "Las Vegas"

10 p.m. "Law & Order" (new day)

Saturday

8 p.m. "Dateline Saturday"

9 p.m. Drama Series Encores

Sunday

7 p.m. "Football Night in America"

8 p.m. "Sunday Night Football"

Revised info from this article

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)