NBC HD Problem

dclboro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I live in VA Beach, VA and recently had a Terk Super Shooter S-1000 (outdoor antenna) installed on my roof. The installer told me that I would get all of my local HD channnels except for NBC. He said that there is nothing that Dish Network can do because it is a problem with the signal being sent out by the local NBC station (WAVY 10). He was right, I get a signal strength of 95-100 for all of my local HD channels excpet NBC, which is usually about 85, but every few seconds it drastically drops and causes constant freezing of the audio and video. I searched around this area and found that some people are having this problem and some people are having no problems at all. If anyone has any suggestions to remedy this problem, I could sure use it. I've already contacted the local NBC station via e-mail and I am waiting for a response from them (if I get one). Thank you.

I have the same problems with both of my 622s with two channels in the DFW area. The signal strength is 95-100% and the picture pixelates about every 20-30 seconds. The interesting thing is that my old Dish 6000 and the tuners built into my TVs all tune the same channels without any problems, and all the tuners are connected to the same outdoor antenna. I am glad they are channels that I have interest in recording (A MyTV and a shopping channel). If I want to watch one of them, I just switch to the TV tuner. I used to get one of the channels without any problems, and there was another channel that the 622s would not get for about three months, that now comes in fine. My guess is that it has something to do with the PSIP information transmitted by the station that doesn't get along with the software in the 622.

Unfortunately, I don't have any solutions for you, only a similar problem. I have also had major problems with the local NBC- HD here in Dallas on my 942. Only instead of pixelations or audio drops, it causes my machine to reboot. Sometimes several times an hour. This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to drive me crazy!!! I have gotton to the point that I avoid the channel when at all possible. I haven't found any way to get this station to come in better, even though I have no problem with any of the others. Tried repositioning the antenna, etc, all with no luck. I have wondered before if I was the only one with this problem.

Try a zenith silver sensor, it has great multi-path reduction, which may be what you are experiencing. I had an issue with our local CBS station dropping out with 85-95 signal strength and the silver sensor improved it greatly. For under $30 it may be worth a try.

We had the same problem w/NBC in Columbus, Oh. I called and Email them till I got to talk to the Chief ENG. It took about two weeks but they found the problem. Now my 622 and 942 work great, no lock ups or reboots. Have your station call WCMH-tv and ask them how they fixed the problem.

Try a zenith silver sensor, it has great multi-path reduction, which may be what you are experiencing. I had an issue with our local CBS station dropping out with 85-95 signal strength and the silver sensor improved it greatly. For under $30 it may be worth a try.

Isn't the silver sensor UHF-only? If so, that would be a problem in certain markets (e.g. Dallas's ABC-D is on VHF channel 9).

It still works well on low vhf, I think 9-13 or so. My CBS station is about 20 miles away and I get a good signal. It broadcasts on 13.1 I have three of these in operation and the one in the attic works the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)