NBC Mux on AMC 6 (72W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tamuin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Anyone receiving the NBC mux?

It is not coming up for me but I am getting Gospel Broadcasting Network so I a pretty sure I am on the satellite.

What's the deal with that? Sometimes it comes in fine on one meter grade dishes. Other times, it seems to be down in the dirt...

It's not watchable for me tonight, but I have it on an 18" dish due to my 30" dish being aimed too far away to include it. Other times it's fine, or even strong.

Here's the weird part: right now the gospel channel is strong for me. Normally, it's around the threshold, if not below it.

It's not watchable for me tonight, but I have it on an 18" dish due to my 30" dish being aimed too far away to include it. Other times it's fine, or even strong.

Here's the weird part: right now the gospel channel is strong for me. Normally, it's around the threshold, if not below it.
I bet if you ajust the dish you will bring in the mux and lower the signal on the gospel channel. I use this sat alot with my 500 dish and it is a matter of adjustments. I find this happen a lot on smaller dishes its like each transponder has a sweet spot on the dish. I'm in south NJ.
Mike Lib

That religious and shopping channel was very weak for me about 500pm today, only about 30% quality and breaking up, it's usually pretty strong. Other channels were fine.

Sometimes the same happens to me, i can receive the mux fine with a good 60-70 Q on a Pansat, but the next day without moving the dish i only have 35-40 Q, i just trimmed some olive trees in the backyard so i hope to get better readings (i'm using a 10 ft. prime focus with a C/Ku LNB South of California).

Cheers

Mike

I bet if you ajust the dish you will bring in the mux and lower the signal on the gospel channel.

I just did that last weekend. The weather here isn't doing anything today that it hasn't been doing all week, so I suspect the uplink is weaker tonight for some reason. If it doesn't straighten out in a day or so I'll bump the dish again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts