NBC Owned Stations Launching Retro Subchannel

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The NBC Owned Stations will launch a Me-TV-style classic hits subchannel called Cozi TV, according to Time Out Chicago, early in 2013.

An NBC spokesperson did not confirm the report.

According to Time Out Chicago's Robert Feder, the daily schedule features Lassie, Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger and The Virginian. Movies air in the afternoons, followed by comedies such as Ozzie & Harriet, then dramas such as Charlie's Angels and The Six Million Dollar Man in prime.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ar...Owned_Stations_Launching_Retro_Subchannel.php

the Virginian and the six million dollar man!

Apparently it's working for ME tv Antenna and Retro,honestly there is tons of old classic programming that hasn't even been tapped yet.

If we're lucky it will pop up FTA somewhere....fingers crossed. I'll be curious here in Cincinnati if it will show up as our NBC sub has Me Tv now...no NonStop channel though...so I'm not counting on it

Last edited:
Just to clarify... will NBC add RTV in all its markets or just a select few? IE- WPTZ-DT Burlington has THIS as its sub. Would be nice to have RTV as well

RTV went WAAAAAY downhill. I am not sure I would want it back in the DC market. COZI is not much ofa name but hopefully it will providea few shows I can watch----although some of that product is already on other outlets.

I would love it if they made it a Retro NBC channel.

BE THERE!

Hard to do. They would not have the rights to everything just because it was originally on NBC. The Carson idea is a good one but again the Carson estate may own the rights instead of NBC.

Right now it will only be on the 10 O&O NBC stations. Rob Feder broke the story on Time Out Chicago. Feder used to be the Sun-Times TV critic. Best info there is, he's a must read.

correct

The NBC Owned stations right now have a subchannel called "NBC Non Stop"...this new station will replace it

NBC O&O stations

Chicago: WMAQ-TV (channel 5)
Fort Worth: KXAS-TV (channel 5)
Los Angeles: KNBC (channel 4)
Miami: WTVJ (channel 6)
New Britain, Connecticut: WVIT (channel 30)
New York City: WNBC (channel 4)
Philadelphia: WCAU-TV (channel 10)
San Diego: KNSD (channel 39)
San Jose, California: KNTV (channel 11)
Washington, D.C.: WRC-TV (channel 4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts