NBC to Remake the Bionic Woman

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
According to Zap2it:

NBC is bringing "The Bionic Woman" back to life, courtesy of "Battlestar Galactica" writer-producer David Eick.

The network has given a cast-contingent pilot order to the remake of the 1970s show and also greenlit two other pilots: the cop drama "Fort Pit," from the producers of "Rescue Me," and a spy series called "Chuck" co-written by "O.C." creator Josh Schwartz.

Eick and Laeta Kalogridis ("Alexander," "Birds of Prey") are co-writing and executive producing the "Bionic Woman" update, the showbiz trade papers report. The show is based on the 1970s series, a spinoff of "The Six Million Dollar Man," about a woman (Lindsay Wagner) who suffers a traumatic accident and has her body rebuilt with artificial parts that give her extraordinary strength and speed.

NBC's sister studio, NBC Universal TV, is producing the pilot.

"Chuck," meanwhile, comes from Warner Bros. TV. Schwartz and Chris Fedak are writing the script, a drama about twentysomething spies that's infused with dark humor, a la "Grosse Pointe Blank."

Finally, NBC has given the go-ahead to "Fort Pit," which is based on the experiences of former New York City cop Robert Cea. It centers on a crime-ridden Brooklyn precinct staffed by green officers and discipline cases who are playing out the string of their careers.

"Law & Order" veteran Michael Chernuchin wrote the original draft of the script, and "Rescue Me" co-creator Peter Tolan took a shot at it as well. Both will serve as exec producers along with Tolan's "Rescue Me" partner Denis Leary and Jim Serpico. Tolan will also direct the pilot.

I loved the Six Million Dollar Man and its spin off the Bionic Woman... I'll give it a chance, look at how the new BSG turned out ;)

I agree. I'd love to see what they do with the concept.

I gave my son my Steve Austin action figure from the 1970s. also had Oscar Goldman with the exploding briefcase. Cool toy!

I love the 6 mil dollar man and bionic woman when I was young. I was hoping they would do another reunion show. There were 2 if I remember correctly. First one was with their son also became bionic. Second one was with another bionic woman (younger version).

I am not sure if I could watch an entire new series, but I will probably give it a try.

I love the 6 mil dollar man and bionic woman when I was young. I was hoping they would do another reunion show. There were 2 if I remember correctly. First one was with their son also became bionic. Second one was with another bionic woman (younger version).

I am not sure if I could watch an entire new series, but I will probably give it a try.

There were three reunion movies:

• Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman
  • Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman
  • Bionic Ever After?

I'm a huge fan of both shows and will watch the remake, if it ever happens.

I hope this time Jamie gets a bigger rack -with machine gun jugglies. I never understood why the government would spin all that money on her legs, one right arm and an ear piece but skim on the boobs.:D

There were three reunion movies:

• Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman
  • Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman
  • Bionic Ever After?

I'm a huge fan of both shows and will watch the remake, if it ever happens.

I remember at least two of them. I hope they make the show. And give Lee Majors and Lindsey Wagner a cameo.

Why not keep the origional story going ? How about Jamie and Steve take over at OSI and they assign the assignments to the new Bionic woman ? That way you can revisit some of the origional story lines like the FEMBOTS, BIG FOOT etc. They could even use flashbacks from the origional shows spliced in for the new stories.

Ok, I watched the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman when I was a mere yoot...probably, like you, there was nothing else to watch (ABC, CBS, NBC, and two UHF channels). I get the feeling the new and improved Bionic Woman is going take a bionic tailspin.

Not holding out much hope for this one...after all, it IS NBC...six shows tops!:tux:

LIke you have never thought of it. Come on ! JAmie was always a hot looking woman but she lacked in the upstairs department. How about lasers instead? :D

I guess I was so young, I never thought about it. But if were brainstorming, I say give her Rhona Mitra's body - the original Lara Croft, and my favorite babe from Boston Legal Season 1. :D :D

Does anyone remember the episode of Jake 2.0 when Lee Majors guest-starred.

That was a good one, with some good bionic kind of references, I believe. I wish Jake 2.0 hadn't tanked. I enjoyed that show.

I guess I was so young, I never thought about it. But if were brainstorming, I say give her Rhona Mitra's body - the original Lara Croft, and my favorite babe from Boston Legal Season 1. :D :D

I might agree with the body, but Lindsay is still my favorite face.... ;)

Attachments

• mitra.jpg
    mitra.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 256
  • wagner.jpg
    wagner.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 231
NBC has found its Bionic Woman

Zap2it reported this in a longer article about new pilots:

At NBC, British actress Michelle Ryan will play the title character in the network's "Bionic Woman" remake. She was a regular on the long-running BBC soap "EastEnders" from 2000-05 and co-starred in the Beeb's series "Jekyll" last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)